1,901 results
All reviewsgin barsandy bottomblue baylagoon poolsea viewhotel shuttleslot machinesa free shuttle busbeautiful hotelpool staffgreat facilitiesrooms are spaciousmini bargreat poollarge balconyour honeymooncasino square
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed one night, 7/26/09. Arrived after taking multiple flights over the previous 24 hours. Paid for night with cash and was due change. The front desk person said he would just keep the change as a credit on the room and that I would get it back the next day at checkout. I was tired and not thinking straight so I did not ask why he could not give me my change right then. I got a receipt indicating that the room was paid for.

Hotel itself is very nice. Very modern. However, my room was very small in comparison to other hotels I have stayed at. I recently stayed at a Hyatt that had rooms almost double the size. Nice furnishings but not worth anywhere near the price that I paid. Bed was not comfortable, sheets were very rough and hard.

That evening I went to the front desk and requested a late checkout of 2:00. I was told that would not be a problem and that it would be noted. That night I had a lot of trouble sleeping because of jetlag and I didn't get to sleep until almost 6:00 am. At 8:15, the doorbell (yes, there is a doorbell) woke me up. Before I could drag myself to the door; it flew open and in walked housekeeping. When she saw me she immediately walked out. I was able to fall asleep again only to be once again awakened by the doorbell at 11:00. This time I was able to get to the door before it flew open and once again, it was housekeeping. By this time I was more than a bit annoyed. I called the front desk and they said yes, I was marked for a late checkout. So, why was housekeeping in such a hurry to get me out of there? I thought it was very rude. I gave up on trying to sleep and decided to check out.

Now back to my change that was due. I turned in my key to the front desk and was told everything was paid on my bill. I said I was due change and I explained the whole story. What do you know...I was told there was no note or any indication that I had a credit. Then the young girl said "Maybe you charged a meal to your room or maybe you got your money back yesterday." I told her that I think I would remember if I charged a meal to my room and no, I did not get the money when I checked in. By this time the front desk manager came over and he again asked me "Are you sure you didn't get it yesterday?" Unbelieveable. Finally he told the young girl to give it to me. She took it out of the till and handed it to me. I knew she didn't give me all of it so I counted it in front of her. Sure enough, it was short. She unfolded her hand, and there was the rest. And this is a five star hotel? Never again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
9  Thank AlamoCityLady
Reviewed 27 July 2009

A friend's wedding brought us to Monte Carlo a bit spontaneously as we hadn't planned on visiting MC until a few years. Nevertheless, the timing was superb and I can't stop raving about this vacation. This hotel in particular is the newest of all of the hotels in MC and is absolutely IMMACULATE. I urge anyone who has the funds and time to go experience it for themself. We had a beautiful room w/ a terrace overlooking part of the sea and the mountain side, which as you'll see below was BREATHTAKING. The staff was more than PERFECT. The breakfast was delicious, and the three pools were one of a kind. On a scale of 1-10, this place deserves a 25.

The one and only snafu we ran into was upon checking in.. we arrived at the hotel at around 9-ish and were told to wait quite a bit for the room to be prepared since check out was at noon (I believe). Nevertheless, when we followed up w/ a manager, we were immediately taken to our majestic room on the eighth floor. This is really a great place to stay and the staff will do EVERYTHING to make sure that you will not walk away disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FREQUENT-FLYAH
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We spent 3 nights here on our honeymoon and were very impressed. The room was huge with a gorgeous view and a massive wardrobe. We got a room service meal one night which was actually quite reasonably priced and very tasty. The staff overall were ok, just not all that friendly on a whole and a bit sniffy. The buffet breakfast was decent enough but not really worth paying the full price for (we had it included). There was a supermarket nearby (15 mins walk) that was great for lunch stuff and cheap wine. The fitness centre was well kitted out and the pools were great. There was a shuttle bus to the Hotel de Paris which was really handy. Spent one night in Jimmyz which was totally over-rated. For food avoid Bar & Boeuf - it is over priced and has the feel of a canteen. Zelos was a great restaurant and had a really relaxed vibe.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank awb2013
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. We were a little worried that we may be disappointed since we don't generally like large hotels. We were wrong. We loved it! We had a corner room facing both the Monte Carlo Beach Hotel and the pool. It was perfect! The room was spacious, modern and in perfect condition. This was our second visit to Monte Carlo so we didn't do much sightseeing this time, which worked out great because we LOVED the pool so that's where we spent most of our time. We had no problem getting a lounger and umbrella even though the hotel was fully booked. We also found the service to be excellent even though there was a french film being taped at the hotel as well as the beginning of the Tour de France, so it was very busy. We would definitely return to this hotel. It made our trip to Monte Carlo!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vickie
Reviewed 30 June 2009

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. We stayed here for 2 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary in march. The weather was lovely and we were able to make use of the lagoon style outdoor swimming pool. The room is very spacious with a 42" tv and a huge bed with a lovely bathroom. Breakfast was amazing and the fresh juices were the best I've ever had. We booked through the Monte-Carlohotels.com website and the service they provide is brilliant value. The helicopter transfers were an amazing way of getting to and from MC. They also provide you with the Monaco passport, which is great for all the free entries into the top tourist spots. Its a bit of a walk to the main marina but we never minded as its such a lovely walk and there are some things to see along the way. There is a free shuttle bus provided by the hotel to take you directly to the casino but you can get the local bus which brings you from out side the hotel to anywhere in MC for €1. Stars'n'bars is a great bar on the marina for good food at reasonable prices and great for sports fans with loads of TV's and sporting memorabilia. We cant speak highly enough about the hotel and MC in general except to say that we are planning to return asap with the kids.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple