All reviews sea view home grown star hotel marmalade a la carte menu turtle nests nature reserve minute walk quiet hotel fantastic location olive trees the ground floor bed villa buffet style recharge your batteries the air conditioning unit peace and tranquility
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sometimes after going on vacation you come back home in need of a vacation...
If you come to Natura Beach Hotel you will go back home feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

This is not a fancy 5 star hotel. The rooms are very simple, but they are clean and overlook the sea. The hotel has a large grassy area and is adjacent to the beach - so you can walk straight from you room for a swim. You can also enjoy the view and especially the sunset from your hotel room balcony if you take a seaside view room (highly recommended and worth the extra 10 Euro/night.)

The hotel has their own farm where they grow the food they serve, including their own eggs and milk products. The breakfast was a large spread and included their own homemade: cheeses, biscuits, fresh baked bread, fresh orange juice, free range eggs and jams. I was stunned by the freshness and taste. Save room for the homemade desserts like real baklava made from fresh nuts and without the over sweet syrup found in ready-bought baklava. To top it off - you can sit outside and eat breakfast overlooking the beautiful sea.

We saw the hotel staff picking our food for breakfast and also picking fresh roses for the rooms. This was definitely a first for us.

The Hotel is located outside the town of Polis. For us this was a plus because we enjoyed the quietness. We also enjoyed being able to see the stars at night from our balcony because we were away from the city lights. We had a car with us, so we were able to drive into town for dinner and to explore the other nearby areas. If you come without a car it's a walk into town, and at night with no sidewalks it seems a bit dangerous. There are however, taxis available.

Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The facilities include a swimming pool, a solarium, grassy area, and beach facilities. There is a mini bar and safe in the room. You can rent a small fridge if you want to keep food. There are also Villas for rent for larger families/groups.

We felt wonderful after our short stay here and are already planning on returning with our kids after the summer.

Room Tip: Well worth paying the extra for a room facing the beach. Seeing the sunset is priceless.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is set in quiet countryside. Our room was large and spotless. The bathroom was a bit dated but fully functional. The staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was comprehensive with a lot of home-made produce. We ate in the hotel a couple of times and the food was good. The public rooms are a delight - very comfortable with quiet spots for a drink or a read. The views across the garden to the sea are spectacular but even the side views from the rooms are pretty over the orange and olive groves to the mountains. The village is a twenty minute walk away and has everything you could need. Do take a torch as the walk back at night is very dark. The only slight downside was the poor air-conditioning. It was very hot during our stay and it was not really effective.

This family run hotel is a real delight - they go the extra mile to ensure a pleasant stay and this was shown by the number of repeat visitors we met. We will be back.

Room Tip: Side rooms get less sun but this was a blessing given the temperature,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patcr
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A very late arrival at the Natura Beach to be met by tired gentleman on Hotel Reception. I pointed out that the room he offered was not what I had booked (it was 1st floor back when I wanted ground floor sea view) I was then taken to a partially ready room - not terribly impressed at that point, but tried to settle in. The air conditioning wasn't working and after a hot and tiring journey this meant a night with no sleep at all. I got up to find that my room was next to the bar and although I later discovered that it was really quiet, my veranda wasn't screened and private which I had hoped for. I spoke to reception the next morning and a helpful and pleasant young lady offered me a fully prepared room complete with roses in vases in the room and bathroom, which was lovely and met all my expectations. I had a beautiful big room which was spotlessly clean with linen change mid week and a small (expensive) mini-bar. Lovely full length black out blinds for restful mornings!! The situation of the Natura Beach is truly lovely and relaxing and I didn't feel out of place being on my own. A little remote if you want shops as the walk into Polis is around 20 minutes and if you are older it is hot going. Taxis are readily available and cost €7 each way. A 1.5 ltr bottle of water in the supermarket is €0.29 - a 1ltr bottle of water in the Hotel is €2,40 - take your pick.
Breakfast is exceptionally good with a wide choice available - including dessert cakes. If you are half-board as I was you order your evening meal at breakfast or chose something from the a la carte menu instead ( possible extra charge ).
The evening meals are a little dull and resemble Cypriot home cooked food more than restaurant standard cooking which is nice in some ways but not really what I expected.. Starter and desserts are single option only with salad bar starter and hotel choice of pud.
WiFi is available free of charge in the lounge - it would be nice if it covered a wider area but is quite fast. Mobile Internet is very slow although the phone signals are good.
There is a little shop on site but it is just a very small selection of Natura goods such as jams and pickles. It would so much better if it could offer a few extras - water, ices, newspapers and sweeties and some toiletries and sun products would be great.
The sun loungers are numerous and spread apart so that there is a lot privacy and comfort - good shade from the umbrellas so lovely times sunbathing. The sea is challenging for poor swimmers like me but was enjoyed by many people - it was nice to see the protected turtle nesting sites.
My abiding impression is of peace and tranquillity and a truly restful and relaxing holiday in a green and flower filled resort - I would go back for that alone but my real bugbear was the air-conditioning which was on or off at the whim of the Hotelier - I spent some really hot and uncomfortable afternoons, evenings and nights. Temps were ranging between 28 C and 38 C so good and hot!! When I asked if the air con could be on I was told I could sleep with my window open - not a good idea for a woman staying on her own in a ground floor room - especially given the prevalence of our friend the mossie!! Nor in my opinion was it a customer friendly response - I did get a phone call that evening to say it 'was now working' and so it did - periodically!. I would love to go back but would have to think twice about returning because of the lack of air conditioning despite the fact that otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed a refreshing holiday in this fantastic place.

Room Tip: I loved my sea facing room with it's fabulous view but it does get hot in the afternoons. Room 10 is by the bar and has only one side screen so you are on view to the bar and the pool area should you want a bit of privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank pjpgjp101
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have visited Natura Beach five times over the past eight years and just keep going back. It offers easy access to the beautiful Akamas Peninsular and is a haven of eco-goodness suitable for all ages.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire L
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We could not ask for more from Natura. An amazing seafront location, quiet, spacious, excellent restaurant. And the hotel management went out of their way to be kind and thoughtful.
If you're looking for boutique spa chic, this isn't it. but if you want something profoundly and soulfully relaxing, then it certainly is.
Thank you Natura.

Room Tip: the villas are spacious and have their own pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family