All reviews mattress topper garden wing animation lady coral bay the sun bed situation the bus plenty of sunbeds adjoining rooms indoor swimming pool hot dog sausages plenty of choice evening entertainment killer darts greek dancers water polo restaurants and bars rooms are comfortable
Reviewed 23 September 2018

Great stay -

I will be honest and factual about our stay at this hotel but overall had a great time.

I have had a look at other reviews for this hotel and people seem to compare this hotel to 5 star hotels where they have stayed which I find totally wrong considering that the hotel does not and never claims to be 5 star, and also marked down for the behaviour of other guests.

I find people mark hotels down for things that are out of control for the hotel. Trip advisor is to review the Hotel and staff....!!!!!!

Ok - Review time, as with any hotel there will be negative points so I will start with them:

Wi-Fi - This is free provided by the hotel and was a bit of a pain as it kept dropping out, especially now with phones, tablets etc and people want access to the internet more through their own devices.

Mattress - very hard however if you speak to reception they are more than happy to provide you with a foam topper which makes them a bit more comfortable.

Food - I felt the food could of been topped up a bit quicker, I understand it is very difficult but a few occasions I went to get dinner and there were empty food trays leaving the choice a little limited....

That's about all I can think of for the negatives.

The rest:

Room - was large with plenty of storage space, a nice balcony and although we were facing inland It was of hills and was fine. The room is attended to everyday and cleaned to what seemed a good level. The shower was great water pressure plentiful and water warm enough. They provide a TV but being on holiday It was not switched on as we did not come on holiday to watch TV.

The room could do with a bit of a make over especially in the bathroom but as I said earlier it's not 5 star but was fine, functional and clean.

Food - The restaurant staff were great and really could not fault them, they worked hard were polite and very happy to help, there were plenty of tables and was nice to have a choice to eat inside or outside. The opening hours were plenty and longer than in other hotels I have stayed in. The food was varied and thought they catered well for English and guests from other countries.

Pool and Communal areas - Pool was lovely there were plenty of sunbeds and large garden area where you could sun bathe and on the whole were kept clean and tidy.
Bar staff were great always had a smile and had a bit of a laugh with you (Stephen)……

To be honest the staff are what makes the hotel, everyone on reception, the cleaners, the maintenance guys the bar and restaurant staff and of course Greta and Dan who were animation staff.

The staff have to deal with a lot and I have to stay that apart from some lovely people we met also on holiday ( Jo, or is that Debs, Anna, Mick and Sarah - who won everything....!!!)I found some of the other guests to be rude and disrespectful and some complained for the smallest and slightest of things.

Remember this is a 3 / 4 star hotel which is used a lot for a good reason. You pay for what you get, the staff and managers of this Hotel were the best we have encountered for a long time, if your expectations are of a plush 5 star hotel you will be disappointed, but if you expect plenty of food drink, good entertainment, pleasant staff lovey surroundings in a great location you be very happy.

This was reinforced by a number of other guests who were repeat visitors some coming for the last 18 years and also staff who had been employed by the Hotel for a long number of years.

We would not hesitate to come back to this hotel and our only regret was that it was only for a week.

Great time, great holiday - Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dave_j_curtis
Nicos L, Director of Sales at Crown Resorts Horizon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Mr. Curtis

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and your kind words regarding your stay. Our guests feedback is important to us and always taken into consideration for future improvement. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Resorts Horizon in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first all inclusive in many years as we have the luxury of a second home abroad so we were not sure what to expect.
Most of the staff are very accommodating, in particular a number of the waiting staff in the restaurant and the maids who turned our rooms on a daily basis were so friendly and helpful.
We had clean towels, beds turned down, floors hoovered/cleaned and replenished essentials (soaps, toilet rolls etc) daily.
The spa area is tranquil and accessible at no extra extra cost, as is the gym with the exception of the massages and beauty treatments.
Not being fond of pools I was more then happy to go for a swim in the spa pool. The outdoor pools are large enough to swim around and have a water fall intermittently. The swim up bar is a nice perk!
The hotel rooms are dated and in desperate need of a refurbishment. I cannot disagree with some comments regarding stains on the wallpaper, carpets in need of a clean etc, but the maids do their utmost to keep it as clean as possible.
Our room was on the third floor and the view was incredible. Full sea view with a balcony - stunning sunsets and sunrises, and a place to sit, sun bathe and read.
Food is not amazing, but given it is mass produced you cannot expect 5 star cuisine, and every dietary need is catered for. No problems ordering drinks or snacks throughout the day.
One of my main gripes is the lack of kettle,iron, fridge or daily bottled water. This all comes at an additional cost and is not explained before travel. The beds are also very uncomfortable!! Be warned if you arrive late the only food on offer is stale ham and cheese sandwiches - and if you are vegetarian you are told to remove the ham!
Entertainment is good fun, but very dated (reminded me of the kellermans resort in the dirty dancing movie!) Daily there is everything from archery, water polo, bingo, quizzes etc. The acts brought in such as singers and caberat were to be desired. I'm not a performer but I could choreograph and sing to a better standard.
The beaches are amazing, and just a short walk away you have a strip with supermarkets, cocktail bars, entertainment, restaurants, walk in clinics and pharmacies etc.
I would recommend some of the excursions on offer in particular the wave dancer sunset cruise. We also hired quads for the day and explored the west coast and mountains.
We will definitely visit Cyprus again although likely to hire a villa.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank sammie26

Dear Sir/ Madam

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our guests feedback is important to us and always taken into consideration for future improvement. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Crown Resorts Horizon in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

we are regular visitors to Paphos and usually stay in the more tourist part of Paphos so we can travel to latchi Polis Coral Bay etc, however this year we decided to stay at Coral Bay as we wanted a complete break and not wanting to travel a more resting holiday shall we say. we booked hotel horizons advertised as 4* with First Choice, which it most definately is not. The hotel needs a much needed refurbish, the outside pool chair - seating is too bad, and looks to have new seating, however the pool is shallow throughout and swimming is really difficult, at the deepest the water came up to my shoulders but was most around waist depth. it wasnt clean, and the scum around the tiles could be felt on your feet and hands. we arrived having paid for a sea view at 2am in the morning took the lift and found we had nothing like, just looking into the next block of rooms, in the morning, we politely went to reception and said we had paid for a seaview and was not happy with the room to be met with the hotel is fully booked which it most definitely was not. the receptionist stood firm on this, luckily the excellent Tui rep came in looked at our paperwork and within 15 mins we were in a sea view, but disappointed as the room was equally as drab, the beds were rock hard, and I really struggled to sleep - the carpets were stained, discoloured, stained tiles in the bathroom a shower head that just oozed a constant run of water, the patio area was dirty really dirty, and the table was covered in rust and mould. Food was ok, but pretty much the same each day. drinks were awful, having paid AI we resorted to having a drink out of the hotel most nights; neither my husband or self could stomach the drink, it was watered down, and tasteless. entertainment was poor, with bingo being played which most seemed to enjoy. Maid service was poor and we didnt have our bedding changed in the week we were there, some days the beds were just made up and we were left with no towels twice with having paid a considerable amount of money we really expected much more, Cyprus isn't cheap and we had planned on having some evenings out but going really for a rest we hoped to stay very local, we ended up spending a fortune. I think my disappointment is the way in which it was advertised, there was no fridge in the room, not even a kettle, and would have appreciated a fridge to put water in. we found out on our last day you could hire a fridge for 10 euros a day which is a lot I think but we would have paid it, but nobody informed us. Have stayed in considerably better 3* hotels in Cyprus.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank vonny579
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the crown resort for a week with some old school friends, the photos on line do not represent what the hotel is actually like now, the fittings and fixtures are very run down and tired.

We arrived like most people on a Saturday and left the following Saturday which is the only night they lit the BBQ and had a theme night, as with most guests they would not be able to attend as the flight times prohibit that, a good way to save money for the hotel.

The rooms were okay but missing things such as a kettle €40 to hie for a week and fridge €50 for the week, the snack bar was closed during buffet meal times so the only option was to get dressed and eat in there, in general the standard of the food was very poor and I spent more money on food eating out than anything else, so much for all inclusive.

My main gripe is the staff as they were so miserable although one or two did make the effort to say hello once or twice in the main it was an effort even to make eye contact.

I realise this isn’t a top 5 Star hotel but thee are plenty of nicer hotels around the same price, I would shop around as any holiday in Cyprus isn’t cheap.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank regiment888
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Just returned from our 8th visit to Crown Resorts and it was as good as ever. The staff are great and the food and accommodation very good. As it was really
hot, we spent most of our time on loungers of which there are plenty. The late check out room worked well and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a good view and the Garden Wing is quiet at night.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Allandot
Nicos L, Director of Sales at Crown Resorts Horizon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again and wish you a lovely winter ahead.