3,287 results
All reviews sunbed allocation sun bed allocation sea view roxanne restaurant allocated sunbeds jersey boys brilliant idea half board serenity pool entertainment team the guest relations manager turn down service japanese restaurant pool attendant special mention wedding venue main restaurant
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

My mother, 10 year old daughter and I stayed here for 10 days. This was my 5th time at this hotel and my mothers 10th!
The hotels location is lovely as its right on the beach with many restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. The harbour which has many more places to eat and drink as well as shops is a bit further, but a taxi is only 7-8 euros and is well worth the journey. The hotel staff are very very helpful in every way possible. My daughter went to the kids club and was very very happy there. Becky and Vicky are amazing in there. They work so hard with all the children and make sure the kids have a magical time. My daughter Antonia will really miss them as she grew so attached to them. The food in the hotel is very good although the choice for kids isn't that good. It was chicken nuggets and chips every night or they had to eat the same as the adults. That is the only thing that I think the hotel could improve on. The drinks are over priced as a pint is €4 when down the road they are only €2.80-€3. So we drank out most evenings. The hotel entertainment was ok. Some nights they would have outside professionals come in like the magician. He was amazing! Most nights it was the hotel entertainment team who really weren't that bad. So overall the hotel is very good and I would definitely come back for a 6th time in the future.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank grahamgilling
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Reviewer

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations.

Our kids club team will be pleased that they have been mentioned and thank you also for mentioning Becky and Vicky they will be delighted when they see your review, we are very proud of the whole team of staff who try their best every day to provide the best holiday experience for all of our guests.

Your constructive comment will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Great location and a fabulous hotel. We enjoyed every minute pretty much of our holiday here. Food was very nice but never really made you go wow apart from at the Oriental restaurant which was really good.
The rooms are a decent size and kept very clean. Loved the little touches like leaving new beach towels ready for the next day and collecting the old ones in the evening.
The best thing about the hotel by far is the staff. They are almost to a person absolutely brilliant. It's also one hotel where you never think I wish there were a few more staff on. Service at the bars, restaurants and even the pool was fantastic. Emma and Maria always managed to make us laugh when greeting us at the restaurants, even in the morning when we had had a late night.
Entertainment at night was usually very good to excellent too. We've never spent so much time in a hotel. Despite us not having children with special us I couldn't help but notice how the entertainment team took notice of the little children sat in front of the stage. The shows managed to feel fresh and funny despite the fact they've probably done them 20 times.
We'll definitely be back one day, thanks for a great holiday. It's not hard to see why everyone you speak to has already been before.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our location, cleanliness of our rooms and most importantly that you found our staff to be brilliant

Our entertainments team the Kanika All Stars will be pleased that they have been mentioned and thank you also for mentioning Emma and Maria who have already been shown your review and are truly delighted.

From the whole team of staff and myself we look forward to the day when you once more walk through the door and are welcomed by all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Well, what can I say??!!! I have lost count as to how many 10 days- two week summers I have spent here!! Because I am tied to school holidays, this is my main and only holiday of the year. It is too hot to explore in the heat anywhere for me, so I might as well relax here! I keep coming back, like many others, for many reasons. The most important thing for me is the sun bed allocation system. The sun beds you choose are yours for the whole duration of the holiday!!! How wonderful is that!! The location is great--15 mins walk or so from the harbour and restaurants. Bus stop is outside. Supermarkets, pharmacy and laundrette across the road. There are some restaurants in the hotel serving very good food. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is kept spotlessly clean at all times. One very large outdoor pool. One quite large indoor pool. You go down some steps outside and you are on the beach and in the sea. Swim up bar, lunches at the bar served as well. Happy hour 5-6pm!!! Entertainment at night. Bring mosquito milk in case you are sweet enough to get bitten! The staff are great, very friendly, efficient and helpful. Too many names to mention them all! Philippa, customer relations, Craig, the night time 'bouncer', Theo and all at reception, Emma-- restaurant hostess, Quentin in the restaurant. In fact, all the staff are fabulous.

Breakfast is superb with everything you could possibly want. You can be as healthy or unhealthy as you like. The only thing I would stress is, if you like your cup of tea in the morning, bring your own tea bags and if you only eat Kellogg's cereals, you will definitely need to bring your own!! I would suggest a sea view room unless noise from the road does not bother you. You will love it here!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sueEdgware

Dear Reviewer

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

We are immensely glad to hear that you found our location to be ‘great’ and the staff ‘friendly, efficient and helpful”’ .Your kind comments on our good location ,sun bed allocation system and that you found our breakfast to be superb, the rooms to be comfortable and spotless are greatly appreciated .

Philippa, Craig ,Theo and Emma will all be delighted when they see your review, we are very proud of all of them and the whole team of staff who try their best every day to provide the best holiday experience for all of our guests.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2016

So lovely hotel, nice personal,clean room,big bed,tasty food and nice view to the beach and clean swimming pool. Located not far from the center, and boulevard, a lot of restaurants are there and coffee shops. The hotel has nice spa and different procedures.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sabina H

Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our location, cleanliness, food and our staff .

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We have stayed at ATG a few times and although we enjoyed our holiday this year there were some issues that we felt have made this hotel not as good as it used to be.

1. The number of weddings taking place is now a excessive. Although the wedding themselves do not impact directly on your holiday, the large groups of people stopping at the hotel do. They all want to sit together in restaurants, having staff move tables chairs etc if there isn't a table large enough to accommodate them and the same at the bars. It seems like they think because they are having their wedding their they are priority!

2. During the last years we have been to ATG there has been a strict no inflatables/balls etc in the pool. Although this sounds extreme we travel with a child and he has always been happy to just have his googles and play and swim, and if he wants to get a bit more boisterous then there are plenty of activities taking place in the indoor pool. This has kept the outside pool a lovely place to be with no lilos knocking into you or being bashed by volleyballs! However this year we were dismayed to see that the pool had become like all other hotel pools, a mass of inflatable animals, lilos and boats along with volleyballs, beach balls and water guns! We did question this with the lifeguard as it does state in the pool rules clearly on the boards no inflatables/balls. When he managed to look up from his mobile phone he did say that no large inflatables were allowed.Maybe he needed glasses but lilos with armrests and 5 foot Dolphins and sharks are pretty large too me. In previous years the lifeguards have been amazing at monitoring the pool, not only checking on the inflatables situation but also such things as children not being supervised by adults but the guard this year was noticeable by his absence. His main hangout was the sun bed allocation cabana where he acquainted himself with his mobile phone! (in fact while we were there a young child suffered a terrible cut that required stitches. The hotel did provide medical assistance but where was the lifeguard when this happened.... Anyone's guess but when he turned up when the boy was being dealt with by other holidaymakers he just stood and watched!!!!)

3. The dress code in the Roxanne restaurant was the other area we feel standards had slipped. During August last year, when the weather was extremely hot the hotel gave gentlemen the flexibility to wear shorts in the restaurant. I don't think this was really necessary as it is air conditioned but did understand. However they did the same this year even though the weather was nowhere near as hot. It did state that men could wear shorts with a shirtor collared t-shirt and closed toe shoes. There were a number of times I saw round neck t-shirts being worn, denim shorts and tatty trainers. Not attire I would expect for this restaurant and I feel that the hotel should have turned some of these people way when the dress code was not being adhered to. Maybe next year football shirts and vests will be allowed!

I know it seems that have been harsh when we did still have a great holiday but it feels that the things the used to make ATG a unique, fabulous hotel are being lost and it is becoming another standard holiday hotel, which is a shame. If men don't want to wear trousers or people want inflatables and balls in the pool then there are plenty of other hotels out there for them to go to but it appears that ATG is bowing to demand.

We do not plan on returning next year because we feel that the hotel has now lost its sparkle.

I cannot fault the food, rooms, cleanliness etc but for us it's definitely gone downhill in the last 12 months.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have a beautiful view to the harbour.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
9  Thank 8615ophie

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel and for taking the time to review our hotel in detail. However we are disappointed to read that some of the aspects of the hotel did not meet with your expectations.
1. This year the hotel has less weddings as the local Municipality does not hold weddings on Saturday and Sunday .Nevertheless we have noted that you were disturbed by the wedding group in the hotel .
2. The Alexander the Great still has a strict no inflatable’s policy in the main pool and this is shown on all signs around the pool. We will be investigating further as to why this was not fully implemented during your stay .
3. The dress code in the summer months July and August has been relaxed slightly to allow wearing of shorts during excessive heat .The dress policy during this period is collared shirts, Bermuda shorts and closed shoes for the Roxane restaurant. In the Garibaldi Adult only restaurant gentlemen are required to wear long trousers , collared shirt and closed shoes.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally as I would be delighted to discuss this further with you.