other travellers have booked this property
 relax on the sun beds around the pool.
roman steps great for the little ones Villa shelby
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
relax on the sun beds around the pool.
roman steps great for the little ones
Villa shelby
fully fitted kitchen
VIEWS FROM BALCONY
BATHROOM
Coral bay beach
Pool lights up at night
Coral bay sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
debdon1
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Beware !!! This is a genuine review from an honest family”
Reviewed 4 November 2011 for a stay in September 2011
person found this review helpful

we stayed in villa shelby in sept '11 with our two daughters son-in-law and 4yr old grandson. we booked through holiday lettings as the villa looked nice in the photo's and it was in the area we wanted to stay. we booked a few months before departure and was informed by the owner that a £100 sercurity deposit would be required before we travelled. Three weeks before departure we were asked for £200 security deposit, we were assured by the owner that this was only for exreme damage and breakages and not to be concerned. (still have copy of this e-mail). when we arrived we were disappointed due to the following : -
plastic bin in kitchen cracked ,broken and dirty, Kettle thick with limescale (we used a pan to boil water) Toaster years old and only toasted one side. one teatowel which was grey, dirty and stained . The bath towels were a variety of mismatched sizes, shapes and dreary colours, The fridgefreezer,( whch we thought was broken) took 3 days to become cool. The two verandas were dirty and full of leaves, cat litter and bird muck. (we never went out there) Out side there was a rised patio area with a glass table and 6 chairs , the material covering on the chairs was old and faded and covered in cat hairs. The parasol was torn and broken with metal spindles hanging down. The raised patio area was far too small for the size of the patio furniture and there was an 8 inch drop down on to shingle garden, you had to be constantly aware of were the legs of your chair where to aviod falling off the raised patio into the shingle ( which was infested by poisionous snakes, we were informed later) In light of all this we endevoured to enjoy our holiday and the pool was really nice. On the third day after our arrival a man appeared unannounced with no introduction as to who he was and began talking to our daughter (we were out shopping at the time) He began telling her that he had noticed we had a small child with us and to beware as there burglars, and poisonous snakes in area and to keep away from the shingle area as this is where the snakes tend to dwell , he went on to say that one of his cats had just killed a snake. He then began to clean the pool. apparently this is a local man who lives just at the back of the villa who the owners employ as their 'Handyman' . Throughout the two week stay he turned up several times, afternoons, early evenings etc, always unannounced, when we were all sitting/sunbathing in and around the pool, my Daughters felt uncomfortable when he was around. on one occasion he began to gossip about the owners private life which I did not engage in as I was clearly not interested and just wanted him to clean the pool and leave ! . one evening he rang the doorbell at 1.am looking for his cat !!! After the first week a cleaning lady turned up who appeared to be very friendly and was chatting to my wife and daughters apparently about her tragic life events, .. ....her serious illness, break-ins and the loss of her husband. we felt really sorry for her, she also began to inform us about the' handyman' saying that she used to live next door to the villa and he was a nosy busybody. we gave her some money as a good will gesture, a cold drink and then she left she was there about 20mins.
on our return home we recieved an e-mail from the owner to say they were keeping £100 from our £200 security deposit this was for extra cleaning as they alleged the villa was left in a dirty state also for the re-painting of the outside wall as the patio chairs had marked the wall. we strongly disputed this with the owner and informed them that the patio is too small for such large furniture , hence there is no where else for the chairs to go, also we pointed out that we left the villa cleaner than when we arrived due to my wife buying cleaning materials and thouroughly cleaning before our departure. The owner then agreed to refund £50 they had retained for cleaning however Kept the remainder £40 for the re-painting of the wall and ( £10 for a broken pool net which we never disputed) .

we are a decent, respectable ,hard working, honest family. we are grandparents in our mid 50's and have travelled to cyprus many times in various rented holiday lets, we have always respected and treated other peoples homes as we would our own home. I believe that the owners of this property delibrately set out to make money from unassuming holiday makers. As I have pointed out it is impossible to use the chairs on the patio without them touching the wall this was a scam to have ther wall repainted and also an attempt to re- claim cleaning costs. Please beware. !!!

Overall condition of the property Kitchen & utensils
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Dec 2011
I am shocked at the review my guests made who stayed in my villa .
I had a email from them when they got home saying what a lovley time they had and will be back soon it was perfect.
I then got a email from my cleaning lady who i regard as a very trusted friend in cyprus to say the villa had taken over 10 hours to clean there was mess everywhere drawing up the walls broken glass left on the floor inside cooker left in a disgusting mess kitchen left in a mess damage on the outside wall which as never been done with any other guest before this was extra cost for myself as it was so bad it had to be painted!pool net snapped told the pool man it would be replaced and didnt! I only deducted a small amount of their breakage deposit which cost myself a lot more double! The kettle was brought by myself in august when i came over so it was new ! there is nothing wrong with my towels they were all replaced last year and also new ones this year plus new bedcovers!No problems with fridge/frezzer they asked the pool man to look when he went in there they had so much in there the freezer frosted up so bad you could not shut the door I have never seen a snake in cyprus and i have been coming for 12 years has i would of thought if that was the case it would not be a hoilday destination ! I have a friend who cleans the pool 3 times a week and he has to come on the property other wise the pool would not get cleaned i had put this in the contract when they booked there as never been no complaints or problems with this gentlemen before as he is there not for long he comes to make sure the pool is cleaned for your own safety !
As for the poor cat it can not get on the upstairs balcony only from being let in from downstairs which they had been told not to let the cat in! It had been left on the balcony and could not get down the owner of the cat got woken up by the cats destress he heard them up as there was lots of noise coming from the villa and he asked them if he could get hes cat down has it was becoming very distressed and he did not know how long the cat had been left there as it was 2am in the morning he could not understand why the cat was there on the balcony as there is a clear view of the balcony he was very upset !
I have owned my villa for over six years and i have rented it out for hoildays and no one as never complained i have never had this problem with any other guests before has they have always respected my second home (villa)i have a large family myself and i want guest to enjoy themselfs and feel relaxed accidents happen the odd broken glass extra i do not have any problem with that but when it is done with lack of respect it a different matter !
I have spoken to severel people and they all came back with not good feed back kept awake lot of disturbance lots of people coming round one couple renting down the road got worried and was going to call the police!
Has i have said i have never had this before i even let them stay the whole last day till late at night has they had a late flight home when they should have left in the morning if i was that dishonest and unfair i could have charged for that day as i have said the guest were happy until they got my email then it all changed ! villa shelby is a lovley family villa and im very upset at the way it has been discribed as this is not the case and very untrue,they were happy themselfs until they had some of the breakage deposit deducted and it then turned sour !There is a very low crime rate in cyprus i have never had any burglarys and feel more safe there then i do in the uk .
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing