“Faultless food and service”
Review of Piatsa Gourounaki

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual dining Comfort food Local cuisine
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had been in Cyprus for nearly a week without eating a souvlaki. It was time to get my kebab on. Checked trip advisor, found this place. Glad we did!
Friendly staff ensured an immediate table, fast drinks and beetroot hummus with warm Pita bread. The kids were impressed even though they claim not to like beetroot.
We then shared a mixed meat platter for two (ha! Four of us couldn't finish it) with souvlaki, kebab, barbecued vegetables, tzatziki and chips.
Greek salad came with a whacking hunk o' feta sat on top of the sweet little cucumbers, dressed with some surprise capers (not sure if authentic but again, the kids approved, weirdly).
Complimentary panacotta style desserts and some kind of pleasant herbal tasting digestif later, we were fortified and happy for under €10 each including drinks.
This place deserves its success.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Very rarely does a restaurant achieve such excellence when the prices are soo reasonable...I was thoroughly entertained for nearly 2 hours whilst hogging a table as an endless wave of people turned up to feast..Luckily I drank a large quantity of local wine which eased my guilt....ALL the staff are warm and welcoming....the traditional food is simple and DELICIOUS...decent size portions too...the free dessert and shot of liquor is just an added bonus...
In every city I strive to find the perfect place to hang out...and this is it...more importantly it was packed with families..tourists..students and businessmen...as everyone can afford to enjoy this oasis...
The hardest part is giving up your table when you can't eat or drink anymore....

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had already seen this restaurant on TripAdvisor before arriving in Nicosia, but my parents and I stumbled across it by complete chance. Decor is lovely, very traditional - good choice of indoor and outdoor seating. We were seated and served very swiftly, and our food came out really quickly. The food was faultless!!! My dad said it was the best restaurant he’s EVER been in!! My mum and Dad ordered the €17 meat platter for two (a large selection of meats, a pile of seasoned chips, as well as pita bread and roast vegetables), it was huge and of such good quality, they loved it all - incredible value for money, especially for the city centre. I ordered a halloumi pitta (not too big, good size, nice and warm) and roast vegetables (not too oily, huge portion, well cooked), so I was very pleased, but then the owner came out and said: “I see you are a vegetarian, please have this couscous, free of charge”. How sweet of him!! And I think it was the best couscous I’ve ever had!! Cannot recommend this place highly enough!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had a great meal experience at the restaurant but the only bad thing about the restaurant is that it was a bid crowded. Rather than that the foods were okay.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Eating at Piatsa Gourounaki was a very cool and intense experience. It's a very busy place and popular with locals. The waiters are energetic and attentive. The food was delicious and abundant. Offering free schnapps and dessert was very cute. Only minus: french fries offered as part of otherwise local dishes (but that's so common in Cyprus).