“A hidden gem!”
Review of Louis Restaurant

Louis Restaurant
Ranked #212 of 1,090 Restaurants in Limassol
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Well, not so hidden as it is right next to the road, but we didn't expected su a great local restaurant. The food was tasty, delicious and the portions were HUGE! We ordered souvlaki chicken and it was literally half of the chicken! We didn't even finish it all so we had to pack the rest and takeaway and thus I had a fine dinner afterwards as well :) And we were not the only ones doing this. And they brought us the food incredibly fast, almost right after the order. If you want to have a great lunch/dinner at local restaurant, I would definitely recommend it here!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

During our recent trip around the Troodos mountains we came across this restaurant and decided to have lunch. The menu was varied but we just chose to have a hamburger and chips. Staff were helpful and attentive and the restaurant has some lovely views. The food was freshly cooked and the hamburger was really delicious! Next time we would try something from the BBQ, noticed some chickens and kebabs cooking which looked and smelled delicious!

1  Thank susan1953528791
Reviewed 1 February 2017

We visited Louis Restaurant whilst on a tour of the Troodos Mountains with Eco Tours. I was excited to try the local food after Andreas, the owner of Eco, praised the restaurant. Having eaten at a number of different places whilst in Cyprus this one certainly wasn't my favourite but it was a lovely meal with fantastic views across the mountains and fantastic service. You can even see the meat being cooked outside as you enter the restaurant which smells delicious. If in the area it is worth a visit but other than that I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My wife, a friend, and I while touring, stopped at this restaurant for lunch. We tried the meza, which was absolutely amazing! Starting with the salads, onto the variety of meats and topped off with honeyed cherries! The price was terrific, and the portion size was unbelieveable! We could not finish it all. If your in the area, this is one stop you should not miss!

1  Thank rnb777
Reviewed 14 October 2015

After visiting this establishment recently and being very impressed with just about everything, we were looking forward to an early return visit. I have to say that we were sadly disappointed and I'd like to state why.
Firstly, it took an inordinately long time to be served and our drinks didn't arrive until about 15 minutes after we'd asked for them. The excellent salad I described in my previous review (lettuce/cucumber/cabbage/tomato/coriander/pepper/olives all very nicely dressed) was replaced with a few cucumber and tomato chunks on the same plate as our main meals - these in turn were considerably smaller, albeit still well cooked and tasty.
The worst thing about our visit was the fact that 5 or 6 wasps wouldn't leave us alone and made the eating experience quite miserable. We changed our table but the wasps just flew the extra few yards our host didn't seem interested in our plight. At just after 1400hrs a worker with an angle grinder started to tackle a job involving a metal framed support to the side of the building and he was followed by another chap with an arc welder. This wasn't a pleasant experience and we were unable to hear ourselves talk. One Russian group (of 4) decided to leave even though they'd ordered their meals and they were followed by a Cypriot group (again of 4). We can fully understand why. If work has to be done, surely earlier and later in the day would be a far better idea - not when people are trying to enjoy their lunch?
This time we left without ordering coffee and without leaving a tip - we were eager to leave and unfortunately we don't think we'll be returning!