“Almost luxury”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

211Maya44
Latchi, Cyprus
“Almost luxury”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Location for us very good,the view to die for,distance to the village 30 min walking (pleasant walk) but make sure you have a lift back as it is on the hill.
Swimming pool as it is in the photo.I am not sure if you can heat it as we did not request it
Nice furniture throughout but not having any lamp shades on the ceiling light made me feel that I am in the garage and not luxury villa.Little expense but huge difference to how you feel staying there. Villa itself needed a little attention- paint peeling off in many places, showers are leaking-shower curtains too short, cupboard is coming off the wall in upstairs bathroom (needs a new silicon)Cooking facilities are good. Generally a good villa but I would not go as far as calling this luxury.
When we arrived one of the bedroom had a strong smell of drains.We could not sleep in this bedroom.I then was told to get some oil and run the water with it. Villa was not used for sometime so this is why we had this smell.We fixed it ourselves but is this my job to do when I rent the villa for holiday? I am not so sure.
The only and very big disappointment is the hot tub. Yes it is big as per photo. Bad maintenance for long time caused a big build up of lime scale. The hot tub is now under new management but the long time neglect is clearly visible.TV does not work in the hot tub but this is not a problem as the view is fantastic. The build up of lime scale is so bad that when you put the jets on the water is not sparkly but brown .On my arrival I requested to change the filter suitable for the hot tub.This was done.The older filter was black and not changed for at least a year. I also requested to get special equipment and remove tons of lime scale which was just lying at the bottom.This was done too and the water looks better but I still cannot get myself to use it.My younger son refused to go in. Only my older son used it but he can go in any water as long as its wet. I have a hot tub at home so I knew what should be done to have it cleaned up but if this is for somebody who does not have the experience this could be a health issue. Not maintained hot tub properly can be dangerous to health and even life and this the one for sure to make you ill. So if you are looking for a hot tub experience look elsewhere although the new management do try to bring this hot tub to the former glory.It might be too late in my view.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and view
Liked least: hot tub
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing