The room is beautifully fitted out and very spacious by European standards. There are plenty of mirrors in the bathroom - if you stand in the corner you can see properly to style the back of your hair, a rare treat! The shower is large with a handheld shower and wall setting as well as a lovely drench shower at the end. We had fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers and a coffee maker. We found the bed very comfortable - and being small and light I often find hotel beds hard. Wi-fi was available throughout the room and all you had to do to get it was accept "teams and conditions". No codes, no log in, it was pleasingly easy and free. The safe was a good size, but positioned high in the cupboard, in fact above my head height. Admittedly, I'm not tall (1.56m) but I had to drag the foot stool over to be able to look inside and check I hadn't left anything!
The location of the hotel is good for the old town and the station, both being about 10 minutes walk away.
The minibar was all included in the price, but as others have observed, there is no alcohol it it. I'd rather had alcoholic drinks available and paid. Mind you, I might have had second thoughts when I saw the prices! I appreciated the water anyway. Breakfast seemed very expensive as all we ever want is a light snack, so we didn't bother, and we got a nice coffee and croissant from a cafe in the old town.
We did go up to the bar at the top, but the music was loud enough to drown conversation. I enjoy loud music in it's place - we went to Luxembourg to see a metal band playing at The Rockhal - but it's not what I look for in a classy hotel. Especially not c...py euro-pop. Some people have mentioned noise from the bar - we were on 4th floor and didn't hear a peep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Alzette and Petrusse Valleys, the luxurious Sofitel Luxembourg le Grand Ducal enjoys stunning views of the historic city centre. The hotel is at the centre of the Espace Petrusse complex, a short walk from major multinationals, embassies, major tourist attractions and shopping. On the top floor of the hotel is a high class restaurant serving gourmet cuisine prepared by a star rated chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, ACCOR and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Lux Le Grand Ducal Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Sofitel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal Luxembourg City