“Interesting location in the nice town of Wiltz (Luxembourg Ardennes)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Logis Aux Anciennes Tanneries

Logis Aux Anciennes Tanneries
Ranked #2 of 4 Wiltz B&B and Inns
Luxembourg
“Interesting location in the nice town of Wiltz (Luxembourg Ardennes)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Charming house in the nice town of Wiltz. I guees the best rooms are in the new Annex of the Hotel, with a covered pool and a fitness Centre. The food in their restaurant is also very good.

Room Tip: I guess the best rooms are in the new Annex of the Hotel, with a covered pool and a fitness Centre
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank MarcoPolo_Lux
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

We spent a night at Anciennes Tannereis with our children and booked two rooms. One was 30 EUR more expensive because it was supposed to have a whirlpool (or so).
When we arrived our impression was that the setting was by far not as attractive as it looked on the pictures, as it is overlooking a parking on the other side of the small river. There was some rubbish lying around, and the whole outside area looked a little too dirty and neglected.
Reception was pretty much useless, as when we arrived in the evening we were welcomed by a waiter from the restaurant who handed us our keys, but was unable to provide any other information.
When we checked out the next day, there was a lady at reception. When I mentioned that our bathroom had a serious issue with mold she replied gruffly that she did not know about it and that she did not visit the rooms every day... clearly she did not care.
Rooms were quite nice, except for some maintenance issues (light bulbs not working, missing nuzzle covers in the "hot tub", broken tiles in the bathroom, missing opaque curtains in one room, broken shower); but what was really disgusting was a bad case of mold on the ceiling of the bathroom with the "hot tub". The "hot tub" was just a bathtub with some jet nozzles in it and made an incredible noise when it was switched on. Needless not say we did not feel any desire of using it beacuse of the noise and the mold. Next morning someone used the hot tub in another room nearby, and it sounded like a jet taking off just over our heads... talk about a quiet setting... So I would avoid the hot tubs, as the supplement in price is in my eyes ridiculous for what you get.
At the end of the day the rooms were quite ok, but I believe that for this category and region they were just overpriced.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Siamosolonoi
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

We'be booked a two day gastronomic package together with my parents.The location is fantastic ,very quiet.

The hotels is a really charming house.The reception could be better.We stayed in the lounge for about 20 minutes when finally the receptionist put the light on(3 PM)and checked us in.

The rooms are comfortable,clean and there's everyhting you need.Great bathroom with enough light to put on your make up and shave without problems!!!

The beds are huge and very comfortable.

The restaurant is situated in the cellar.Very nice and warm.The food is fine,but not really gastronomic.15 potatoes on every plate is WAY too much.The wine card has a large choice of wines of all origins and in every price category.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — the stairs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank boneyardbabe
Zaventem, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2006

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night to surprise my wife with our first marriage anniversary. The rooms are very nice and we received a room with view on the little river which was very peaceful.

I really recommend this hotel if you want to relax from the busy life in the city.

We also had dinner at the hotel, that was good but not extraordinary. The breakfast buffet was pretty poor, but a good 3* hotel in a very nice area.

• Liked — The quietness
  • Disliked — the breakfast was very poor
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bonnymaster
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

Booked a one-night stay at this hotel, which is very nicely located in the north of the country. I booked a package, including a room with a jacuzzi, a 3-course dinner and breakfast. It was part of a AAA-rate deal.

Upon arrival, we were told that we would have to go and eat directly as the chef was waiting for us. I had told them by mail that my girlfriend does not like salmon, and they had responded that that would not be a problem. Once at the restaurant, it turned out to be a problem, so I had to kindly urge them to arrange for something else (as I had requested). They did not appreciate me doing this. As concerns the wine, I asked them if a certain bottle was nice, and I was astonished to hear that "I don't know because I have never tasted it". This is worthless advice, so I decided to chose my wine by myself. The foie gras we got as a starter was way too cold to let us enjoy what it was. The wine turned out to be very nice, but the worst was yet to come: the fish we got served as a main dish was barely cooked. Did they really expect us to eat raw fish!? When they came to clear the dishes, they did not even ask why we barely touched our food, they clearely could not care less. Dessert was fine.

As to the room, we had a big room which was a bit chilly even though we heated it constantly. For some reason the emergency exit seemed to run through our room, which left me with two questions: (a) are people going to start running through our room in case of fire and (b) how are they going to do that as I have locked the door? Surely, this goes against every fire safety principles.

Breakfast was admittedly very nice, fresh products and everything in place. At check-out however, I told the young lady that I wanted to profit from the AAA-rate, she did not react and told me that she did not know of any such rate. When I told her that there was a sign on the counter saying "AAA-rate, please ask", she walked away furiously and came back a minute or two later to tell me "ok, you'll get your rate". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I do not know if this was their usual staff but if it is then I would not advise anyone to stay in this hotel, unfortunately only because the staff is so incredibly rude.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Wiltz hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiltz
14.2 km away
#1 of 8 in Clervaux
Hotel du Commerce
Hotel du Commerce
#6 of 8 in Clervaux

Been to Logis Aux Anciennes Tanneries? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK