“Lovely place to stay in Malta”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
typical street and picturesque balconies in Valletta
a horse drawn carriage for a romantic trip round the city
the three cities across the waters
within the bastions, the walls of the city
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
AlexisRF
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Hostess and Great Location but for some the devil is in the details...”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Overall I think this apartment merits high marks for 2 major aspects – LOCATION and LILIANA. The location cannot be beat, you are in walking distance to everything you need. If you stay in this apartment don’t plan on having a car, parking is extremely tough. The main bus station is a 5 min brisk walk or 10 min leisurely walk. If you have lots or heavy luggage, I wouldn’t recommend walking it since the ground is not smooth and it goes up and down. You can either take the bus from the airport to the main station and take a cab or you can take a taxi from the airport to this place. Liliana can arrange it for you for 20 EUR, not sure if it is cheaper to do it yourself. I am a very detailed oriented person and I ask a lot of questions before I book. Liliana is always quick to respond. When we arrived, she answered all our questions and we even text message her for questions all the time. She is a great hostess. 5 stars for location, 4.5 stars for Liliana. The apartment has everything you need, we only used it to sleep and shower. We never really stayed there and never used any of the facilities.

When I provide a review, I always consider what I am getting for the price. We paid 80 Euros per night in this apartment based on that I would give this apartment an overall rating of 3.5. If I paid more then my rating would be lower and I might be hesitant recommending it. There are few things that I felt were not up to snuff to my liking. These are important to me and different people have different priorities so if these don’t matter to you then you might give it a higher score.
1. Noises – I will begin with saying that I am a very light sleeper and very sensitive to noise. If you are not then this might not be an issue for you. There are no noises from outside, it is a very quiet street however, the noises are from within. You will hear the front door being closed and you will hear people in the hallways. If your neighbor above drops things, walks heavy or drags furniture, you will hear all that. Our second night, there were so many noises and we told Liliana about it and she took care of it right away. I wore my earplugs on some night so I will not have my sleep interrupted.
2. Lack of Natural light. If you are like me and you need to do your makeup or just enjoy lots of natural light, it is hard to get it in this apartment. The only window is the one by the entrance and when you open it you are 10 feet away from your neighbors window so that wouldn’t be an option if you want privacy. One day we woke up with no electricity due to some work being done in the street and the lack of natural light was a problem.
3. Internet is very weak in the bedroom
4. Weak Shower pressure
5. When I first saw the pillow I was excited coz its not one of those flat dull ones but when I put my head on it, it was literally like a brick. I had to use the spare pillow and wrap it with the extra blankets
6. Turn on the faucet from the bathroom sink very carefully. If you don’t you will get your clothes wet due to the design of the sink and the strong water pressure of the faucet. Water just jumps out of the sink and into you.
7. The place was clean but it is not impeccable. I think Liliana needs to chat with her cleaning crew to make sure they do some harder scrubbing and better job dusting 
8. There is a curtain that separates the bedroom and the bathroom. On the left is the shower and right is the toilet. If you are sharing this apartment with someone keep in mind that there is no door to the shower, peek a boo
9. There is no counter space in the shower and the bathroom sink. I had to put our toiletries 6 feet above me in the towel rack. I would do my hair and my makeup outside the bathroom because of the lighting and the lack of space.
10. The wear and tear is showing inside the apartment which is why the picture looks better than what it really is in person.

Would I recommend this? If the points I provided above don’t matter to you and location is your main priority, for this price ….ABSOLUTELY! Would I be back? If I don’t find any other place with the same price point in the same area then yes. Otherwise, I might try to find other options if they exist. After going to Sliema and St Julian, I think Valletta is my top choice for staying as a tourist.

Liked best: location
Liked least: soundproofing within the building, lack of natural light
Older travelers
Management Response
29 May 2015
A pleasure to welcome you. We were glad to be available before and throughout your stay at all times of day and even late evening, to answer questions, recommend and book restaurants and ensure all runs smoothly.
Additional, softer or harder, pillows would have been provided if requested. As you stated we were available!
Airport transfers (last minute request on arrival and for a 6am flight on departure ) were booked at your request with a reliable taxi. No commission was taken by us. We just recommend a reliable service to our guests and then it’s up to them to book this or otherwise.

This centuries old apartment has been converted from its humble origins just a few years ago and new services installed including new plumbing and electricity as well as air conditioners/heat pumps. They have been planned to provide comfortable accommodation in the authentic old city. We continue to provide regular maintenance and the apartment has just been redecorated! However it is still an old building at heart.
We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied and we will continue to work with our team to ensure that our own exacting standards are maintained.
However please note that this is a self-catering apartment and therefore no additional cleaning service was provided during your stay.
Valletta was built in the 16th century by the Knights and the streets are particularly narrow to create shade from the strong summer sun, and kept the interior cool (when air-conditioning was not available!).
In the careful conversion we have supplemented the light coming in from the large windows ( there are 2 in the living room) with ample additional lighting in all rooms. At the same time whilst ensuring comfort, efforts were made to preserve the atmosphere of the original abode.
This is a one bedroomed apartment, and therefore an intimate space intended for a couple or close friends or a small family. The bathroom adjoins the bedroom and the shower is a walk in from the bedroom. There is a separate door to the toilet.
For privacy in the shower, one can lock the bedroom door!!
We look forward to continue to welcome guests who appreciate an authentic yet comfortable experience of comfortable living in the city centre.
Sally Port Management
niko262
Munich, Germany
“Lovely place to stay in Malta”
Reviewed 25 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Nice apartment located in the heart of Valletta. The room provides everything you need and there is a small supermarket just a stone throw away. The host Liliana was very kind and always there if we had a problem. I can only recommend Liliana and her lovely apartment.

Greetings Niko

Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
David M
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent location and very helpful owner.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We were delayed in the UK due to very high winds and eventually landed 9 hours late at 4am.We had arranged with the owner Liliana to be picked up at the airport and our taxi was there waiting to take us to the apartment .I would definitely recommend taking up the offer of this taxi service .Liliana was extremely helpful during our short stay (4 nights).The apartment is comfortable and clean , a reflection on the owners pride in her property. She met us at the apartment on the first day and was very helpful answering all our questions.
We would definitely return again.

Liked best: Location
Your age range 65+
Older travelers
randomtra...
Dawlish
“Two absolute gems”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

This is really a double review. Because we booked late, we stayed at Sally Port City Pads in Valletta for two nights then moved over to another of Liliana's properties in Senglea and both of these deserve to be recommended.

Sally Port first - the location is excellent and the apartment itself is delightful, it has everything you need and is well-furnished and comfortable throughout. It is an excellent place to stay in Valletta. But the biggest surprise was the Senglea property, which was a super room with a well-designed and entirely sufficient kitchenette with access to a larger kitchen on the top floor and a spectacular roof terrace with views to die for over the harbour and across to Valletta. Senglea itself is usually ignored by guidebooks but is a lovely place to stay, quiet, friendly and special with easy access to Valletta by watertaxi.

What made it all even better was the warmth and kindness of Liliana who was a real star throughout. She was endlessly helpful and made our stay really personal and memorable. Thank you!

Liked best: The roof terrace at Senglea
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Liked best: location
Liked least: small room and cold
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing