“If you eat anywhere in Malta, eat here”
Review of Di Carafa

Di Carafa
Ranked #15 of 306 Restaurants in Valletta
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 39
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

If I could give 6 stars, I would. This was not so much a meal as an epiphany.

They have a blackboard showing their menu which changes depending on what fresh food is available and everything was cooked perfectly. Honestly this was the best meal we have had together.

We recommend the Ulysses red wine, from Malta, which was fantastic.

The staff were like old friends. I can't explain how welcoming and friendly they were. If we weren't leaving tomorrow we would come back every day

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

The staff was welcoming and friendly. The food was excellent especially the lobster ravioli which I highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Cute little restaurant that I booked due to TA reviews. Nothing disappointing at all about it. Lovely friendly staff and the food was very good. My lobster ravioli was stand out.

It was 80 euros for two courses for two people plus wine and beer so pretty good value for this quality of restaurant.

Why not rate it excellent? Look it was close but a few things were not perfect ... air con was cold, one of pasta dish was more wholewheat which not our favourite and also prawns needed full shelling. Also no offer of Parmesan, black pepper etc. So all very minor but just took edge off. I would come back though so it was a close call.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

We heard and read quite a lot about Di Carafa and were excited to try. Actually could not get a table for two of our 3 Malta visits in the last year (work related) and this time we were finally lucky :) I have to agree with all the praise of the food. One of the starters (we were 4 people) was no doubt the best octopus I have ever eaten. The main pasta dishes were delicious, the fish as well. Loved the wine, the service, the ambiance was lovely.

I cannot get pass the desserts though - and it is the only reason I gave 4 stars. We had 3 different desserts and honestly, they were more than disappointing. They all seemed to consist only of same tasteless cream of different colour. We were not the only ones complaining and we honestly felt bad for it, but it was not "just ok", it really was bad. I hope it was just a bad day for the cook and a nice heads up to maybe change the offer there.

Do keep up the good work!

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, fabulous, friendly service. 4 of us visited tonight, fish and pasta dishes were so tasty, along with the other cheese and meat dishes. Could not have asked for a better meal out. Well worth a walk down the hill.