“Nachos + Happy Hour = Heaven”
Review of Tex Mex

Tex Mex
Ranked #28 of 194 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 32
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TEX MEX is Malta's ONLY authentic American Bar & Grill, having moved to our present Chic & Trendy venue on the Sliema Strand. TEX MEX offers an American style menu with some Mexican influence, with a choice of favourite TEX MEX dishes. Although always seasoned accordingly our menu is by no means hot & spicy in it's entirety except for items which are indicated so according to our chili pepper heat meter which allows you to heat up most dishes to your liking by means of specially imported chili peppers & ingredients. The revised menu includes all our classic favorites plus a wider selection of platters, appetizers, chicken, fish & pasta choices all prepared fresh to order whilst our fully stocked bar offers two for one on cocktails daily from 3:00 pm till 7:00 pm! Be it breakfast/brunch, lunch or late afternoon and evening meals the majority of our vast menu is offered all day long from noon with our favourite signature dishes being the Quality Fresh Prime Cut Steaks, Wagyu Burgers & Baby Back Ribs all island famous whilst offering excellent value for money. In fact TEX MEX is open all day hosting djs and live music on most nights. The ambience is the latest in design and decor, lively & pleasant also offering seafront patio dining. Surprise yourself as it is more then just a restaurant, not your cheap & cheerful local but an Uber Bar & Grill based on Quality offering cuisine on the upper echelons of casual dining utilising only the best & freshest of produce, a selection of brand, premium & top shelf spirits served from house level up also utilised in our exquisite cocktails, an array of over 100 wine varietals besides fusing into a lively club lounge ambient wise.
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

I went about a week ago, and I must say the Nachos Supreme were as delicious as I imagined them. I must say I was astounded by the size of the plate and the presentation was very straight forward and I know it's a very small factor, but the garnish in the middle I found to be quite appealing! My only comment would be if maybe you could add some more flavour to the chicken, it would be divine as most of it got lost in all that nachoey gooey goodness.

As for drinks, the two drinks we had were the Mexican Beach and the classic Pina Colada. I must say both were insanely good and I honestly enjoyed every sip of it. Will definitely try some more on my next visit as the cocktails list is very inviting, and the extended happy hours, thankful.

I was mostly attended to by a new waiter and I must say he was very charismatic and a delight. Keep up the good work lad!

Absolutely happy with my trip here, will definitely come back for more in the following week. Thumbs up, thumbs up, thumbs up.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped off here on our day trip to Sliema on the recommendation of a friend, and we weren't disappointed.

After a lovely stroll along the water front we made a pit stop in Tex Mex and took advantage of their great two for one cocktail offer - YUM.

Lovely drinks, great value and a stunning view (when sat outside) across to the water. If you're after tasty cocktails with a lively atmosphere, this is the place for you.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

The food is great and also the service a very nice venue for a sunny day or a day of cocktails highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

I had the Black and Blue Burger which had Blue Cheese in it. The beef patty was great; you could taste the actual beef! The fries too was perfectly cooked. The presentation and size is priced accordingly to the standard and location of the place.
One of the top 5 burger places in Malta.

1  Thank Hadrian B
Reviewed 6 March 2016

First visit as a solo diner, good welcome and good food. Then it went down hill.
As a solo male diner the staff only seemed to be interested in the younger female patrons, waiting staff sailed past my table not looking left or right, had a long long wait to get my bill. One male waiter visited the toilet six times within an hour! (yes I counted) hoped he was ok and glad he wasn't serving me.
Went back for second time, once again food was ok but this time a visible argument between a female waiter and one of the bar staff livened up a dreary evening.
Recommend to go in a group with at least one busty young female in the group and you could be OK.

1  Thank SingletonLondon
Managment123, Owner at Tex Mex, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2016

Dear Sir
Apologies but I couldn't help to see the humorous side of your review, I mean with regards not getting attention from our waiting staff if you don't happen to be a busty female, it's a shame you didn't manage to get the attention of our female waiting staff, perhaps I could give you some tips :)
Honestly joking aside apologies if you felt ignored, waiting staff should always pay attention to each and every client as they are all important and held in high esteem by us. Just please realise at times they get rushed off their feet and would only be waiting on other clients if they flew by you. You were actually with us over the weekend whilst we were entertaining a packed house so a bit of waiting time could be justified, I'm sure with a bit of effort one could get their attention but apologies again. We will be looking into it and the alleged argument between staff which we have no recollection of?
With regards the waiter, who is actually a runner, repeatedly entering the restroom you are absolutely right, it is his job to make sure they are always clean so I hope that clarifies this particular issue for you.
We would also like to thank you for the comendation of our food to which we contribute great efforts to sustain our high standards of quality, along with our drinks.
We would like to point out that our unique lively atmosphere, complete with djs & live music, contributes hugely to our success whilst in the spirit of customer relations we offer our full and unequivical apologies and would gladly discuss this further with you on info@texmexmalta.com
We do hope to see you again in the meantime
Kind Regards