“Great fish of the day”

Ranked #42 of 56 Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant didn't look very attractive but we chose it because of the let's say moderate prices. And we did not regret. Having fresh grilled awrata as fish of the day was a great option. The fish was tasty, came along with salad and we ordered a cool.glass of beer. Really, we did not regret choosing the reataurant. However I wouldnt know what to choose from the menu if not fish of the day. The nice view on the bay and luzzu boats was just a cherry on the top!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

What looked like a nice restaurant at first turned into a very bad experience. Service was atrocious, as was the attitude of the waiters. I ordered a draft beer, a fish soup, and seafood spaghetti. Took a while for the beer to arrive, and after 30 minutes I enquired as to where my soup was. The waiter told me that they had to stop service because of all the tables inside, which, by the way, there were very few. The table next to me arrived 10 minutes after I did, and had already finished their soup and were eating their mains. He still didn't explain where my soup was. 15 minutes later, my spaghetti arrived, but no soup. No one asked if I wanted another drink while waiting, no apologies, just plain, bad, rude service. With plenty of restaurants to choose from, don't choose this one.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Fresh fish, specials for 10 euro on Sunday market. Big servings and very tasty. Not very fancy but good food.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This restaurant located on the seafront in the heart of the lovely fishing village looked to be an inviting stopover for a light lunch.

After a little deliberation my wife and myself decided on the daily special of Awrata (baked gilt-head bream). In lieu of vegetables we opted for mixed salads and in my case supplemented by a portion of fries. Considering that there were only a few other diners the food took some time to arrive and whilst we were in no particular hurry I did wonder what would happen if they were busy. Both fish were of a good size, fresh and moist and the flesh melted in the mouth. Complimentary bread and pate (made of broad beans and garlic) had preceded the main course. A couple of glasses of the local white wine (Chardonnay) which I thought quite passable were reasonably priced at 3.00 euros per glass.

Apart from the wait it was an enjoyable enough interlude and at 10.90 euros per person not likely to break the bank!

1  Thank BLACKBOYS
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Malta has great fish and went to Marsaxlokk to get some of the best or so i thought. Fought to get service. Waited over an hour for food for a restaurant with maybe 30 tables. All tables questioning the wait. Waiting staff totally disorganised. Wine worst I've had in Malta. Fish slightly overdone and very average. Stay away. May seem a pain but even when busy take the time and queue for a better option.