“Hit and Miss”

Pines Take Away
Ranked #51 of 72 Restaurants in Altona
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Even though I am over 50, and not a snob I don't need to be called "Sir", and I can put up with "Mate" by some, but it definitely grates when some young lady serving me at a fish and chip shop calls me "BUDDY".
Having said this, I cannot go past the Pine's for the best fish and chips in the area, and the young bloke who has taken over this business from his lovely mother is doing an excellent job and even he often calls me sir, which he has no need to. The servings are always generous the prices are reasonable and generally the service is very good. I have tried others but apart from the Ocean Breeze fish and chips in Newport this is by far worth going out of my way for.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pines Take Away

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Over summer they lift their game noticeably since they are far busier so don't be fooled by that…

I have had an inedible beef burger, destroyed pieces of fish, and generally very poor quality food from here so we wrote them off after a few times. How you can stuff up fried food and burgers etc I don't know.

Service is absolutely awful every time, it's as if they think they are doing you a favour by charging you for their food , no concept of customer service at all

Sorry buts it's a dirty poorly presented 70's style fish and chips shop with terrible food and service

Go up to civic parade it's infinitely better

1  Thank russiancaravan
Reviewed 17 March 2015

we are monthly regulars here for lunch. We eat at the beach and watch the world go by. Very relaxing. Food reasonably priced. We take friends here when we go to altona beach

1  Thank Kerrie N
Reviewed 25 August 2014

It is always hard to differentiate between beach side fish and chippery shops. So far I have not encountered a bad one yet. My husband and I decided to venture out to Altona beach on the weekend. We discovered a gem. Sat down at the nearby park with our fisherman basket order for 2. Chunky and crunchy chips. Battered fish. Light and fluffy on the inside. Perfect consistency. Loved the fried calamari and crab sticks. Not to mention the fried scallops are to die for. Had a great time enjoying our fish and chips lunch in beautiful beach side setting and sunny weather. Reasonable priced as well.

1  Thank koko201200