“Really enjoyed the ribeye”

Bony's Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Glentress
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 35
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fantastic contemporary feel Steakhouse & Grill. Reservations not essential but recommended especially in the evenings.
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Would recommend Bony's highly. Great food and attentive, friendly staff. My wife and I both had the ribeye which was grilled just to our liking.

1  Thank Darren R

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Don't be put off by the look of the place, everything was really great. Possibly the best blue fillet I have ever had, even my partner who has his embarrassingly well done!!! enjoyed it. The service was excellent; professional yet friendly. The place was very clean and had a bit of style despite first impressions. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Kate O
Bonys_100, Owner at Bony's Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Thank you for your comment - we are glad that you enjoyed your visit to Bony's.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Good atmosphere and friendly staff. Had a T-bone steak which was good but seemed a little on the small side for 14oz (didn't have my scales with me so couldn't check) chips were tasty and well cooked but the portion was a bit stingy, biggest niggle was paying £2.50 for a sauce to go with it, sauce wasn't particularly good at all (Bernaise) just tasted like mayonnaise really and the portion again was small. I'd like to think that if you pay £25 for a steak you could have a sauce with it for free....

Had creme brûlée for pudding which was excellent as was the sorbet that came with it- no complaints on this front and unlike the steak seemed very good value for money.

I would definitely eat here again but probably wouldn't bother with the pricey steak- the burgers looked good and were half the price.

1  Thank Bjornfitte
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Wanted to try somewhere new in the area and after reading the reviews on here it sounded nice. My fried and I both ordered steak, as being a steak house one would assume they can cook a steak right. Wrong. After being asked twice how I wanted my 'fillet' steak cooked (medium rare) it came out like a lump of charcoal. The menu specifically states how a steak should look at different stages of cooking, obviously the chef never read the menu. In addition, a fillet steak should be the leanest cut of beef, however the 'fillet' steak I was served was full of fat and gristle and required hacking at with a steak knife. I did not bother to return it to the kitchen as regardless of how it was cooked, the meat was of poor quality and we had already waited a long time for it to be served. For £18 it was very disappointing. Waiting tip: don't stare at customers while they are eating, very off-putting and unprofessional.

1  Thank Judith J

We were confused by the negative and fabricated comments in your review of our restaurant. Firstly you do not even state when you actually visited the restaurant - date and time would have been most helpful. You also haven't mentioned your friend/boyfriend's experience in the restaurant - was their food acceptable to them? Our chef proprietor, Olivier Bony, is a very experienced Chef who has worked in many fine establishments all over Europe and to state that he does not know how to cook a steak is just ridiculous. The steaks in our restaurant are of the best quality and sourced from local suppliers - again your comments are completely fabricated and utter nonsense. If indeed you had received such a steak, and we dispute that you did, why did you not complain at the time and return it to the kitchen?! Anyone else would have I'm quite sure. You've found the time to write this nonsense I'm sure you could have taken 10 seconds to advise our staff that you were not happy. It's very disappointing when someone cannot express any concerns with you at the time that they are actually in your restaurant but return home and write a childlike and non-factual review of your business and the staff. We wonder at your reasons behind doing so .... However, the many people - locals and visitors alike - who frequent our establishment (and return time and time again) will testify that your review is completely inaccurate. Perhaps you were just having a bad day :)

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at Bony's on Easter Sunday it was superb. The steaks were to die for,the staff were excellent and we could not have had a better night. Only criticism is that they need to update their website as the menu has changed slightly and the prices have increased

Thank you for your review. The website is presently being reconstructed as we are going to be a cafe during the day and a steakhouse by night from June 2016.