4,208 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant the bus great hotel city centre happy hour tour desk minute walk free shuttle icelandair package blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights iceland air blackout curtains early check rental car
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Clean, comfortable rooms. The restaurant is excellent, try the lamb and the fresh bakes bread is amazing! Breakfast buffet in the morning was wonderful. Hotel is in decent area allowing you to walk or taxi to do tourist things. The staff was friendly, helpful and great to deal with.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We used this hotel as our base for our recent three-day visit to the island and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Some of the highlights: Great staff; Comfortable rooms; Wonderful breakfast; Excellent gym and fitness studio; Convenient to both the airport and the harbor...the hotel was chock full of amenities. The only potential negative, you are cab ride away from all the good dining options and with most rides the equivalent of $15-$20 each way (even though it's a 2 minute ride) that can add up if you head into town a lot. Other than that, this hotel is a perfect place for your Iceland adventure.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I picked this hotel as I am a diamond member of the Hilton Honors club and knew that I would get a good room. I previously stayed in the Radisson that was undergoing renovation. The check in was efficient and after being told I wouldn’t get an upgrade I managed to get this changed once this was challenged. I had a lovely suite on the 9th floor. This had a nice desk, seating area with TV that switched both ways do you could see in bed as well. Bathroom was really nice with good shower above Bath. The bed was super comfy and I had the best night sleep in years! I also had access to the club bar however this was a little underwhelming compared with other Hilton’s.
I can recommend the Vox restaurant for dinner and breakfast was amazing. All in all I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Comfortable hotel with an excellent spa, which is complimentary for hhonors Diamond members.
The hotel restaurant was particularly good by hotel standards, and would not be out of place on any diners list serving a mix of local dishes and "regular hotel" fayre for dinner.

Breakfast is also excellent in terms of variety, availability and quality. I generally ask for freshly cooked items vs "kept warm" and this was no problem here.

Rooms are Scandinavian in styling, quite large and comfortable. Sound insulation is excellent.

The hotel is only a short walk from the commercial centre, cathedral and 25 minutes walk gets you to the old town. It is directly next to a bus stop and has complimentary parking. Several excursion companies collect passengers from the hotel car park.
The hotel also has cycles available for use, although we didn't find out the charges.
Proximity to major routes mean access to other regions of Iceland is easy and fast.

Like everything in Iceland, unless you have a Swiss, Nordic or Icelandic salary, you're likely to find it expensive. Not particularly this hotel, simply everything in Iceland is relatively expensive compared to my general Western European experience.

In terms of reducing cost, I recommend the excellent Icelandic tap water, which is always available on a complimentary basis in hotels bars and restaurants across Iceland, complete with Ice if the diner prefers.

The hotel does have an executive lounge on the 8th floor facing approx. West to view the setting sun through large windows. The lounge is well staffed, not overly crowded on our visit, and serves snack food and alcoholic drinks during happy hour, and coffee, fruit juices, water etc throughout the day.

Worth saying the staff at this hotel were particularly friendly and helpful.

I have no hesitation recommending this hotel for business in the capital or its environs or as we were as tourists.

Room Tip: Executive lounge access is worthwhile. Choose West or East facing rooms to see sunset or sunrise as you prefer.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ei3014
Reviewed 11 July 2018

We loved visiting Iceland and I would suggest that it be on everyone's list.

The hotel itself was just okay. The room was very minimalistic. If you like Ikea you would love this room. The hotel is a 30 minute walk to downtown or you can catch the bus located right across the street. Reykjavik is very expensive. There is a supermarket a ten minute walk toward downtown.
The hop on hop off bus stop is located in front of the hotel also. We bought tickets at the tour desk at the hotel, but I did not find the woman to be friendly or helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple