“Lovely Pizza”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Háaleiti
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here as a stop off before the northern lights tour. We split a margarita pizza between us and had a hot chocolate each.

The pizza was made fresh in front of us which we enjoyed, it was served quick too. We both enjoyed the pizza and the hot chocolate was also lovely. Staff were friendly and service was also quick.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

No one greeted us or said goodbye, pizzas were ok but at £22 ea should have been, we had much better value for money eating set menus at apotek and snaps French bistro. House wine was £27 for half a carafe and not good wine. All in all filled a hole but atmosphere was not as cosy as it looked and service was rushed.

1  Thank Hjm22
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Our northern lights tour was cancelled, so my husband and I were looking for a place for dinner and we came across Hornid right after we exited our hotel (it's across the street from the Radisson Blu 1919). The menu looked good and there were quite a few guests in the restaurant, which we took as a good sign. We split a pizza and it was very good and reasonably priced for Reykjavik. Our waitress seemed surprised that we were splitting a pizza, but it was more than enough food for the two of us. We also had an order of garlic bread, which was also tasty.

We noticed people kept coming from back rooms, and according to the restaurant website they have several rooms, including one that has a buffet for larger groups. The website also states it was the first Italian restaurant to open in Iceland.

Service was good and we were able to pay at our table. If in Reykjavik again we would return.

1  Thank UOtterTravel
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My brother, niece, nephew and I visited Reykjavik/Iceland for 4 days in October 2017. It was very cold outside and very cold inside where we were sitting, but the pizzas were very good. By paying I could not use my creditcard (Visa, Mastercard) . Furthermore in addition the service was bad

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My wife and I visited Reykjavik for 4 days in October 2017. Hornid was the first place we went for food and it was so good we went back a second time during our trip.

During our first visit I had Carbonara and my wife had a seafood pasta. The food was amazing. They also did the best garlic bread!

During our second visit I had pizza and my wife had meatballs. Although the pizza was excellent; the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 was that we did not think it was as good compared to our first visit.

The decor and atmosphere in Hornid is very nice and it is quite a quaint place. Food was served quickly and there was nothing wrong with the service.

I would definitely go back, but would be prepared that, from our experience, it can be a little variable.