“Call me Mr. Calzone”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Háaleiti
Reviewed 8 March 2017

So this little gem is an absolute favorite for me and my whole family. My first taste was in 1983 (they have been around since 1979) when I had a calzone for the first time. I must admit it is the only thing on my plate ever since. I seriously have never had anything else on the menu except for deep fried cheese with jam...

Hornid is a family run place with an Italian theme. You sort of get the feeling that there is an Italian grandmother in the second-floor kitchen carefully following her family's traditional recipe. Everybody's face light up when the food is brought to your table.

The restaurant is in an old house built early last century. It used to be a shop servicing the harbor as it used to sit right on the docks. The fish of the day is always good and people really recommend the pasta. Personally, I will continue to honor my relationship with the Calzone and cherish the moment we have once, sometimes twice a week.

My kids were brought up going here and it is still their favorite place as well for a casual lunch or dinner. They have a kids menu and do remember seeing a high chair. I always just drop in but I recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Great food & lovely atmosphere. We really enjoyed our meal, classic pizza & salmon penne. Friendly staff & good service. Worth a visit if you fancy a good Italian meal.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We stopped here for lunch. It was a good place to stop. Not too busy, and the staff were friendly. They have a childrens menu which was good for us. The food arrived fairly quickly and it tasted very good. The portions are quite a big size.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Stopped here for a quick bite while exploring the city on foot. We were very pleased with the quality of food and the friendly service. We highly recommend this lovely place for lunch.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

The local guide says this is the best Pizza in Reykjavik. On the evidence of our meal they were not wrong. Its next to the Radisson Blu 1919 and well worth a lunch

1  Thank terry4800