All reviews the main street phallological museum own bathroom an expensive city triple room priced hotel breakfast each morning the bus nice breakfast free breakfast the ground floor decent hotel tea coffee yogurt central location short break centre of town
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Hotel itself is not something special, but we slept in Iceland in worse hotels for higher price. But personal was very kind and I haven't complains. And location is very good. So, in the end good selection for this price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Stt161
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Reykjavik is an expensive city. This is one of the most reasonable 3 star hotels. Good place to spend a night or two. Good wifi connectivity, clean breakfast area downstairs. Rooms are small, but functional. Shared bathrooms and showers, but kept clean. Friendly front desk staff. Convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The location was fantastic; the bus stop for tours was right next to the property. The girl working the front desk let us check in early even though it wasn't check in time- which was nice because we traveled overnight and was exhausted by the time we got to the hotel. There is a car rental company right onsite. The front desk can handle your bus pick up which is also very helpful. .
The rooms were very noisy. You needed a key to get in the front door, another to get to the wing of your room and another for the actual rooms and bathrooms- which is a logistical pain. The bathroom/shower and bedroom were each a separate room- again, another pain. Our shower curtain was off of the shower when we came back one day and was never replaced so we had to take a shower without a curtain- even though they came to clean and never saw it.

Room Tip: ask for room with connecting bathrooms if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

It's about relative value in an expensive town. I had low expectations when I realised it shared a building with a back packers guest house and the toilets were shared.
Having got over the reality of what I had purchased as a non refundable pre purchased on line , I actually enjoyed my stay!
The rooms are a bit noisy but ok, the single beds are saggy but the sheets are fresh and clean, the poo smell is actually the Sulfur in the hot water, the bathrooms are convenient and private but need refurbishing as the tiles and trims are cracked, yet well cleaned. I had a fantastic view and access to a terrace but the balustrade was built by an apprentice farm hand. Let's say the place has character and offers value for money for the flexible traveller who likes a little quirky character. The androgynous receptionist recovering from a nose bleed set the tone for the stay.....
But there is more: free breakfast . Well it's not great but quite satisfying if you don't mind the dishwater coffee. Not rushing back but would complain if I ended up there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChapmanCanberra
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The first night we got in i had to sleep with a wolly hat and hoodi on as the wind was so strong and was coming through the windows. The room was just as cold as outside.

There was three toilets between about 15 rooms (didnt count) so the corridor always smelled of poo because there was no ventilation n the smell had to clear through the corridor.

The staff were incompetent - i asked the receptionist to turn on the heating in our room as we went out and he left the door open with all our valuables. Luckily nothing was stolen when we returned.

One receptionist showed me where to park my car in their underground garage but didnt show me how to get in through the inside or even tell me that you could. The garage door was closed when i got up at 2am to go see the norther lights so i couldnt go out which was a waste of a night. The receptionist wasnt even apologetic when i confronted her in the morning she acted like i should have known there was an enterance from the inside even though it wasnt marked and the corridor it was down just said rooms 101-10.... really dissapointed as i was only there for three nights and they first night was when i arrived. Would have been a disaster if i was flying out. There emergency phone number is for another hotel and they had no clue about the garage and didnt have the contact number of any of the staff or just didnt bother caĺling them as i found out on my last morning (spoke to someone else who said i wish the other hotel would have called me i could have told them)

I got stuck in their lift in the middle of the night for 5 minutes and no1 responded to the alarm. The receptionist in the morning even said she doesnt know where the alarm goes.

I asked the receptionist to pass on my complaints to management and ask them to respond to me via email but suprise suprise no response.

Worst experience ever.