1,882 results
All reviews sky bar top floor harpa concert hall great location rooftop restaurant wet room music hall sea view opera house steam room happy hour northern lights underfloor heating deluxe room breakfast is served hot tub mini bar
Reviewed 24 May 2016

My stay at the Centerhotel Arnarhvoll was ok, but here is why I would call it average:
- the shower was one of those showers without its own floor so the floor of the bathroom was the floor of the shower, and the rotating door of the shower was hardly big enough for the water not to splash everywhere in the bathroom so after every shower I had to use the squeegee broom (it comes with the room!) to clean up the water from the floor so I could go on with my morning routine in the bathroom. That was very incovenient and I would not recommend such a room without a proper shower cabine.
- I could hear the neighboors closing/slamming their doors
- the curtains of the room were not wide enough to prevent light from coming in the room and in a country where there is little night time in May, that meant having to sleep in a room that was not dark most of the time
- the receptionist was quite rude to me when I came very early in the morning to check out and basically made me feel stupid because I asked if I could buy the bus ticket for the airport (and his colleague had told me earlier that I could). However he told me it was not possible and did not seem to believe that his colleague had told me it was a few hours earlier. When I asked if I could pay for the ticket with my credit card in the bus, he replied something in the lines of "yes, we have not used cash in Iceland for the last 10 years so you should be fine". The tone was just much too smart for a client trying to understand how things work and trying to make sure everything will go smoothly.

Anyway, positives of the room and hotel included:
- the view from the room I was given (you just have to look beyond the parking lot and road below). the mountains and the water were gorgeous and the view from the restaurant/bar upstairs (where breakfast is also served in the morning) was even better because it is on the 8th floor.
- the food at the restaurant was good and reasonably priced
- the hotel's location is very convenient (close to center but in a quiet area)
- the internet worked really well
- breakfast was included in the rate

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank clavaury
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Nice modern hotel. The location is great for nightlife and restaurants (downtown of Reykjavik). The rooms are small. They have a spa in the cellar that is free for the hotel guests. Have been there two times and will go there again

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ragnheidur S
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Just back from three nights at this lovely hotel. The rooms are modern and clean as well as being warm. The shower was more of a "wet room" type but did the job. The best part of the hotel was the top floor restaurant and Skybar, with stunning views across the bay. The cod dish of the day was always very tasty and there is a 10% discount on food if you are a hotel guest which is useful to know as eating out in Iceland is most expensive. The restaurant has an outside terrace and blankets are provided for those brave enough to venture outside in the cold, as even in May there is an iciness to the weather. Breakfast was tasty and the location was good for central Reykjavik, the hop on - hop off bus tour and the Harpa concert hall.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JoMeCl
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Nice room: clean and comfortable although expensive for not having a view of the water. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. This seems to be an extremely popular hotel and had many people in the lobby at all times. The top floor restaurant had great views. The breakfast was great with many choices and good food.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ackel56
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Spent four nights in Reykjavik and in a hotel Arnarhvoll. The location of the hotel is very good. Check also the Sky restaurtant/bar. Nice view. Room was small, but it was clean and the bed was good. Will visit this hotel next time too.

Date of stay: April 2016