2,210 results
All reviews frosted glass loft suite boutique hotel perfect location the main street friday and saturday center hotel steam room bring earplugs breakfast was included street noise mini bar early check standard room light sleeper happy hour the heart of the city
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Our daughter and her husband had stayed at this hotel during a vacation to Iceland in 2016. She recommended the Center Hotel Thingholt to us.
The hotel had an excellent location for walking around the city, restaurants, and shopping.
When I booked our trip I thought it was a great value. We had a Junior Suit with breakfast included
Our package also included free wifi, and access to a small gym.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They were able to book us on to sightseeing trips, and give advice for enjoying their country.
I would consider it a boutique hotel with a interesting decor.
It did not really bother us, but there can be loud music some nights coming from other neighborhood bars.
Great hotel overall for a stay in Reykjavik!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Very nice modern style. Luxurious split level room. Included breakfast was excellent. Very nice and helpful staff. Hotel could use a bit of paint inside. Steam room had a foul scent and was too dark. There was noise from a band at a bar down the street on Thursday night but I was still able to sleep well. The drain in the shower is too small and if the water is on more than 30% of full, the water runs out into the bathroom. These are just a few improvement ideas. The hotel is an excellent value as is.

1  Thank davidjohna875
Reviewed 13 September 2017

excellent location near city center. walking distance to everything in town including restos, the harbour and shops. welcoming staff who are always willing to help with anything needed. one of the most comfortable hotel beds i've slept on! will stay again!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Room 406 is a fourth floor dormer and my husband hit his head getting out of bed. We had to request another room because every 30 seconds the water went from lukewarm to FREEZing. The second room, number 211, faced the street and the club 100 yards away had blasting base music booming every night, all night. I got no sleep. Though it appears chic, this hotel is past its sell by date and is, mutton dressed up as lamb, as they say in England.

Room tip: don't stay in the room facing the street
1  Thank Eye G
Hotel Manager T, General Manager at CenterHotel Thingholt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Eye G,

Thank you for staying at CenterHotel Þingholt and taking your time and reviewing our property. I would like to deeply apologize for the multiple issues you received during your stay. The issue you had with our water heating was very unfortunate as this was caused by malfunctioning in our water blending unit and is incredibly rare and I am very sorry this was not fixed immediately and you had to relocate to another room. We are located conveniently right in the heart of the downtown of Reykjavik in the midst of all the best restaurants and nightlife and unfortunately we cannot enforce the local noise pollution laws ourselves, though we do seek assistance from the police as this is clearly not around the legal limit. This noise you experienced is secluded to one bar and I am personally trying to get this matter solved with the establishments management. I hope you can forgive us for these issues you experienced and I hope you will choose to stay with us again so I can truly show you the true hospitality that CenterHotel Þingholt offers. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if you return to Iceland so I can set up an unforgettable experience.

Kindest regards,

Jökull Alexander Egilsson
Hotel Manager
hmthingholt@centerhotels.com
CenterHotel Þingholt

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Make sure you have the street address, as there are 6 CenterHotels in Reykjavvik.
If you are tall, say 5'10" or better, ask for a room not on the fourth floor, as the ceiling slopes there. I recommend the Isafold restaurant for good Icelandic food.

• Trip type: Travelled solo