2,489 results
All reviews great location small square overlooking the square bread central location superior room walking distance happy hour northern lights breakfast room restaurants and bars mini bar blue lagoon reception staff double bed bathroom floor buffet style
Reviewed 19 September 2017

This was our first stay in Iceland. The country is incredibly beautiful. There are many nice places to look at and photograph. The weather was very good for this season; only a few minutes of rain, otherwise sunny and overcast. There are many good fish restaurants with very good food.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a very central location, walking distance to the major sights. The hotel is spread out over multiple interconnected buildings and the rooms are very roomy and well laid out. The only issue with this hotel is the noise. It's right in a busy plaza and the rooms hardwood floors creak. If you're a light sleeper, better off looking elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I booked this hotel for my partner's surprise bday present, the location of this hotel is great! You are close to everything! The hotel itself is nice and basic, we didn't want anything to fancy as we we're out and about most of the time. But the staff we're very nice.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tspicerxo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel is nothing special, but it is clean and is in a great location. All hotels in Reykjavik are expensive for what they are and this is no exception. I chose it for the location and the fact that I could get a room with a balcony. And the staff was lovely and gracious and accommodating.
Pros: My room was on the 8th floor facing the harbor so I had a beautiful view, perfect location near shops and restaurants and a little town square, a couple of tables outside for us smokers, "balcony",

Cons: king bed was actually two singles pushed together with two single comforters so I couldn't sleep in the middle of the bed, shower has no door so it is impossible to keep water from flooding the bathroom floor (I asked for extra towels just so I could put them down to keep the water at bay inside the shower), there are no additional safety locks on the door other than the deadbolt.

I would stay here again because I love the location.

1  Thank janebmpls
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Nice hotel, but if possible ask for a room that doesn't look out on the plaza. The noise from the parties all night make it hard to sleep. This is balanced off by the fact that the beds are so comfortable. The breakfast each morning was very nice, delicious, and convenient. The hotel room was very clean. The hotel staff at the front desk were very helpful in helping us make reservations for excursions. One other thing that wasn't good is there is no place at the hotel to park. Good luck with that! The front desk people helped, but you still have to find parking. Everything, I mean everything, in Iceland is expensive. It's also a wonderful place to see. Just plan to spend a lot of money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family