1,454 results
All reviews hot dog stand great location famous hotdog stand a business class room nespresso machine street noise the hotel staff junior suite breakfast buffet hotel is centrally located concert hall old harbour mini bar bars and restaurants northern lights whale watching early check
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Beds tiny, bathtub hazardous, outside street noise unacceptable, room temperature Saharan desert like without any way to control the temperature. Would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel (at least not on a Saturday night). If you are old, stay away, you may hurt yourself getting into the bathtub.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank orly k
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear orly k,

Thank you for posting your review.
My apologies that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay.
I really appreciate your constructive feedback that will help to improve our operation.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Overall, a fair stay. But when I tried to redeem my Club Carlson points for dinner, no one knows what it is all about. Dinner was average and it was pretty expensive for just a few chunks of chicken meat. Presentation could be better. I guess F&B is not their strong point.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank solotraveller758
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear solotraveler758,

Thank you for posting your review.
It is somewhat disappointing that you had difficulties to redeem your points. Could you please contact myself under marc.eberhard@radissonblu.com to allow me to fully investigate the issue.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I stayed here for 7 nights in 3 different rooms as I was alone 2 nights and with a group of girls for 5 nights. The location is excellent within walking distance to all Reykjavik has to offer and the bus stop for tours, airport transfers and local bus services directly outside the door. A multitude of restaurants are nearby. All 3 of the rooms as I stayed in were well equipped with comfortable beds, ( 2 rooms with king size bed and other with 2 singles) wooden floors, spacious bathrooms, 2 with baths and shower overhead, the third with just a walk-in shower. 2 looked out onto the street and it was a bit noisy on Friday and Saturday nights, but not enough to disturb my sleep, the other looks out onto a courtyard and was quieter. The rooms were a bit warm even with window open, but there are fans available if required. There was tea and coffee making facilities but perhaps a Nespresso machine would bring my rating to a 5. Breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold food and different fruit juices and water. All the staff I had contact with were friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be about my airport transfer reservation,made at reception,which when I got on bus the company had no record of. Luckily I was still able to travel to airport. Highly recommend this hotel for both the solo traveller and for groups or families.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask for one overlooking courtyard or on upper floor.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgia62uk
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Georgia62uk,

Thank you for posting your review.
Thank you as well for choosing the 1919 as your home away from home. it is fantastic to hear that you have enjoyed your getaway with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback that will help to improve our operation. Whenever you return to Iceland we would love to welcome you back here at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Enjoyed the Radisson Blu for 5 days during October with my friend. The hotel must have been used for some conferance during our stay because there were of lots of groups in the hotel. Checked in and got the necessary information easily. The receptionists were very helpful with all of our questions and demands (we had a couple regarding our rented car, parking and transfer with both taxis and airports). Could appreciate a smile or two more from them, since you might feel a bit "needy" while asking, but this is just nit-picking, since they did help us alot.

The rooms are very neat and tidy. The bed was comfy and had a warm and thicker cushion than other hotel beds I've stayed in (though it was only one wide cushion, so my friend and I shared it since it was quite big - but one or two nights it was a bit uncomfortable, we should probably asked for one more - so that is our own fault), which is great in cold Iceland. Yet I could wish for a slight better temperature control in the room, because we were sometimes freezing a bit and the ovens weren't helping that much. Also the bathroom was quite cold, even though we put on the highest possible heat. The window in the bathroom looked a bit old, which might later cause it to rot and the cold temperature. The sink also had a very, very slow drain and some days the cleaning employees had removed it. Part from that the room has everything you need and the cleaning employees were absolutely great. Spotless and clean everytime we got back from our daily adventures. Might make a note that we had some really loud neighbours and that screaming and yelling will get heard from the hallway and neighbouring rooms (336), but if your neighbours have normal voice control it shouldn't be a problem, even though it was for us during some nights.

The breakfast was great and the employees offers you warm beverages while seated.

Stayed: October 2017
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Mari M,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Thank you as well for choosing the 1919 as your home away from home. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback tha will help us to improve our operation. Whenever you return to Reykjavik we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Marc E, General Manager at Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017