“Excellent little hotel!”

Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Fayetteville, AR
“Excellent little hotel!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Klopp for one week, and it grew on us so much that by the end of the stay we didn't want to leave! It is on the small side, but this creates a much more personalized atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to help us catch our buses and schedule whatever we needed, often before we even asked! They were so friendly telling us "hi!" every time we walked through the lobby. Breakfast is simple, European style and sufficient. The rooms are small but clean and warm. Location is just great! The only reason for the 4 instead of 5 is just because it wouldn't be considered "luxurious", but isn't advertised as such. Loved this place!!

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mosochic
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Turku
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had a great week in Reykjavik, and the hotel that was definitely a good choice. The location of the hotel is great. It's right in the center near the shopping street and near everything, but I assume it's more quiet than some other hotels in Reykjavik. There may be some noise during the weekend, but we were lucky enough to get a quiet room and there were no disturbances. The service in the hotel is excellent. The female receptionist is the best I've ever seen and she's ready to help even before you've asked. All of the tours can be arranged at the hotel. I would love to go back to Reykjavik, and if I did, I'd probably choose the same hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank homeawayfromhome_35
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My daughter and I very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The breakfast buffet offered an adequate selection for breakfast. I particularly enjoyed the Skyr, the herring and the European bread. The room was clean and cosy and the staff were pleasant and helpful. Unnur Margaret was especially helpful and made us feel welcome. It doesn't offer the extras that the hilton would, but personally, I find the area it is located in much more interesting and the guests as well as the staff more down to earth.

Room Tip: We stayed during the week and had a room off the street. It was quiet during the week, but you may w...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I made the booking as a package with IcelandAir.com. The promotional rate was great and the actual room was nice and clean, and sizable. The bathroom employed lava rocks. There's no shower stall clearly defined but the water from the shower head stayed in, not spilling everywhere. The breakfast buffet offered a good selection from cold cut meats to pastries and fresh salad and fruit. The wifi was consistent too. The location was central and close to the main shopping street with bars, restaurants, retail stores, cafes...etc. The tour operators / van drivers for the day tours I booked had no problem finding this hotel and parked outside to pick us up. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Anchorage
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I will stay again. Great value. A great location close to shops and resturants. I would recomend this to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com