The hotel was booked by an agent as part of our tour. We had an extra two days there and were given a suite which included a refrigerator but no cooking facility. The location was very central, two blocks from a Main Street and just a short walk to the sea front.
The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, staff were friendly. The best part was the great selection for breakfast. This included fruit, salads, cheeses, meats, delicious breads and pastries cereals, a choice of egg, sausages and potatoes, and of course, Iceland's famous Skyr. I really appreciated being able to have an early breakfast (3.30am) on my last morning.
I was able to leave a second suitcase in a locked luggage room until the end of my tour.
I would definitely be happy to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fosshotel Baron with its 120 rooms and apartments is an official year-round 3-star hotel in downtown Reykjavik. We are located only a few steps away from the main shopping street Laugavegur and the main attractions in Reykjavik's city center. All of our rooms and apartments have a bathroom with a shower, TV and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel. Fosshotel Baron is a family friendly hotel and offers special features for families and children. Our reception is manned at all hours for the convenience of our guests. All rooms and areas of the hotel are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fosshotel Baron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fosshotel Baron Reykjavík
- Fosshotel Baron Hotel Reykjavík