Wow. Well where do I begin .... hotel is great. Staff are lovely. No tea/coffee facilities in our room but complimentary in hotel reception area. Free bus pass supplied for the duration of your stay, bus stop just outside of hotel although town is only a 10/15 minute walk away.
Hotel backs on to small local airport. Take note of this fact as you will be pressed to book the Northern Lights tour - totally unnecessary. You require darkness, away from the city lights to see them and the airport is shut off each evening so this location is perfect.
Do not be put off paying additional for breakfast. It seems expensive but trust me, it costs more to eat outside. We paid £52 for 2 x cooked breakfasts plus 2 x drinks. The hotel breakfast covers full English, continental, cereal, fruit, multiple drinks etc and you can eat as much as you want to fill you up for the day. Please bring food with you, lots of it, i.e. breakfast bars, crisps, chocolates etc, the prices there are criminal.
Regarding the trips, book from home. If you wait until you arrive then they are likely to be booked up and you will miss out. The Golden Circle tour is fantastic, the geyser, mountains and waterfalls are stunning. Lots and lots of the white stuff and unbelievable memories. We took the half day tour and had plenty of time at each location.
Do not think English winter boots will suffice, they will not. Please invest in proper snow boots. Also remember to layer up, not just a chunky jumper. It is seriously cold out there. The Icelandic folk are lovely. Extremely friendly and their English is impeccable.
Sadly we did not get to see the lights due to cloud but that is my only regret.
This island is one to visit. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money so to reiterate - please try and book up meals and trips at source when booking your hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four-star Reykjavik accommodation showcasing the best of Icelandic nature. Newly-renovated Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura (formerly Hotel Loftleidir) is close to the city centre, in the quiet Oskjuhlid wooded area near the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík
- Hotel Loftleidir
- Icelandair Hotel Loftleidir