All reviews the main street sun room great location bread breakfast room central location tea and coffee friday and saturday night boiled eggs rooms are small salami corner room light sleeper third floor basic hotel bus stop hot drinks
Reviewed 18 March 2016

Have just spent 4 nights here with my wife.the hotel is in a great position for everything in the centre. The hotel is positioned on the main street through the town, but don't worry there is not a lot of traffic or noise . you are only minutes away from various pubs and restaurants . the hotel staff are very friendly, the rooms are very clean and warm. Only offers b & b and the breakfasts are very good for a continental big choice. When we. go back again we will be stopping here.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2016

We made a reservation through my travel agency, getting there the rooms was not at all the standard promised in the advertising and contract done, and I was told that all other rooms was sold out. Moreover, they could not offer me the contracted room or recharge me the deposit. It means that they are selling rooms that they do not have. In addition, this is no more than a 2star hotel so notice when you book. The breakfast was the worst ever, and when the coffee in the breakfast room was cold and made yesterday it is over for me. Do not go-please do not go.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2016

CentreHotel Skjaldbreid is located in the main shopping street of Laugavegur. Cannot ask for a better location. The staff are very helpful and welcoming. Our room was the corner one with the three windows - Huge room and very comfortable. Very clean and rooms made every day. Breakfast was simple - Boiled eggs, bread, cheese, yoghurt, cereals etc. Good enough to start the day and served till 10.00am so we didn't have to get up too early if we wanted to sleep in. There were coffee making facilities in the room as well as a mini fridge. Wifi was good and free. Flat Screen TV showing Scottish channels as well as local - Unfortunately sound was no good but we were not there to watch TV anyway :-)
The only downside was a thumping noise week day mornings coming from construction down the road - Not the hotel's fault - But it was annoying.

Room tip: The corner room with three windows was brilliant
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2016

The staff was very helpful! I arrived at the hotel at 7:35am without a tour lined up, and Ingi was able to get me the last spot on the Golden Triangle Tour by Grey (which was great by the way) for pickup at the hotel 10 minutes later at 7:45am!! And he and the other staff continued to be helpful throughout my couple of days there.
Also, great location - on the same street as all the happening bars, restaurants, etc.
Only thing was that the room could have used a few more conveniently located power outlets. There were enough to get what I needed charged, but not as conveniently located as I'd like.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location near all sights and the old harbour. Room was a good size but could have done with being a little cooler. We stayed there on a Friday night and had a room at the back so didn't hear any noise from the bars and clubs. Would deffinatley stay here again

Room tip: The rooms at the back are best
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends