1,314 results
All reviewsart decooverlooking the squarenew wingbeautiful hotelcafe parisparliament buildingperfect locationroom was largeearly hoursunderfloor heatingthe heart of the citybreakfast buffetwithin easy walking distancerestaurants and barscentral reykjavikblackout curtainsblue lagoon
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I stayed in Hotel Borg for one night when I landed in Reykjavik, before road-tripping the next morning to Vik. I was only there for 18 hours although it was a good night sleep, good cable selection and the water was not smelly like many places in Iceland from Sulfer.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We loved everything g about our stay here; the room had very high ceilings and windows that fully opened. Comfy bed, sheets, towels, etc. And, a heated floor in the bath, a big plus in Iceland!!!
And the warm sincere friendly smiles you expect from a visit to Reykjavik. Having never been to Iceland before, I was trusting my travel agent ( from Pink Iceland, please read my review of them, they're the best!!) and boy, did she ever deliver! The location was perfect (in the center of the City, yet just slightly removed from there enough so you walk out of the hotel into a quiet square, not a busy thoroughfare). The hotel is connected to Jaime's Italian (you can also find my review of this place on tripAdvisor) and this is the restaurant where breakfast is served; maybe that is why this hotel delivers one of the best breakfast plans we've ever had? There was so much variety of choices at breakfast, and I noticed that the egg dishes seemed to be served at the buffet using only around 6 or 7 eggs per batch... so, always fresh, never rubbery. Great coffee, too! Next time we visit Iceland, I will simply book direct with the Borg. We checked out the other hotels near-by, and never once saw one we wished we'd booked instead. The Borg gets it right on just about every level.

Room Tip: Higher floor room. The walls are thick here at the Borg, and the noise from the music fest outside never infiltrated our third floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchell B
Una Guðlaug S, Project Manager at Hotel Borg by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Mitchell B,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hotel Borg. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and made the most of our fabulous location. We very much look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel Borg has definitely a great location in the very centre of Reykjavik with lots of stores and good restaurants around.
Walking distance to Harland and the departures for tours.
Hotel is beautifully designed in an Art Deco style with beautiful period furniture.
My room on the 5th floor was very quiet and comfortable. Luxury bathroom products from Molton & Brown.
Breakfast buffet is served in the great new restaurant managed by Jamie Oliver.
Staff very efficient
Sigga and Rakel were wonderful

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Una Guðlaug S, Project Manager at Hotel Borg by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear RolfParis,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Borg. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Art Deco style - we certainly put a lot of thought into each detail! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We enjoyed our stay here, rooms are small but well appointed. Bathrooms are very modern and there's always tons of hot geothermal heated hot water. Beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet.
We found the staff helpful and friendly, they helped us out several times when we got in to a transportation pinch. Location is central and convenient. We ate at the breakfast buffet each morning and were never disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear marcodeluxe,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Borg. I am thrilled that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the service at the hotel and its location. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

As everyone else as noted, the location cannot be beaten, it is as central as you can get. But you do pay a big price penalty for this. The hotel itself is a bit disappointing for the pricepoint. It is a lot smaller than it looks from the photos and there is no large lobby, seating area etc. The little lift to our room was like something out of a small old parisian hotel. The room itself although small was well appointed, and the bed was comfortable. We did not have breakfast included in our rate so we ate elsewhere the first few days but decided in the end to give the in-house buffet a go and we were not disappointed. Plenty of options and plenty of food. So I recommend this option. Overall, happy with the hotel. Perhaps management need to see why the staff morale is low, or give them training etc. We had very good quiet nights sleep during the week, but on the weekend the city comes alive and there was loud shouting at the front of the building until 4am. So watch out if you are given a room overlooking the square.

Room Tip: If you are an ealry bird don't get a room overlooking the square
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank corkboy2009
Una Guðlaug S, Project Manager at Hotel Borg by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear corkboy2009,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Borg. I am glad that you seem to have mostly enjoyed your stay, although I am saddened that you mention that you were also somewhat disappointed. Feedback from our guests is extremely valuable to identify areas we need to work on, and we will review your comments with our team. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, location and that you found the room comfortable. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.