See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2018

A great place to stay. Lovely welome and great room, huge bathroom, coffee machine and comfortable bed. WiFi perfect. Only downside was the parking. We had a hire car and the ramp, on entry, was pretty steep to drive over in a low car. We have to pay for the damage

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Gylfi Freyr G, General Manager at Exeter Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sandy M,

Thank you for your nice review, I am saddened to read regarding your parking troubles, we are looking into whether we can further improve the garage.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here recently and wow! This place is nice. The rooms are gorgeous, everything about the property feels high end too.
The restaurant has very good food.
Location is walking distance to everything downtown.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Shayne K,

Thank you for your high end review, hope to see you again soon!

Kindly,

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel occupies a great location near the harbour which was within easy walking distance of downtown Reykjavik and near tour bus stop one.

Great bakery (amazing bagels and doughnuts), bar and restaurant located on the ground floor of the hotel offer convenient eating and drinking options for tired tourists.

The hotel is right up my street in terms of design and is very urban and minimalist without sacrificing the quality of the furniture and fittings.

The bathroom is superb, spacious with a huge drencher shower head and top end fixtures. Slight issue with water coming into the bedroom but this was easily fixed by placing a towel near the door threshold.

The blackout curtains worked well and we did not hear anything during the night which resulted in uninterrupted sleep. The beds were also very comfortable.

A couple of negatives, the room had poor lighting in the area around the bed closest to the radiator. We had a bedside lamp but would have preferred ceiling lights over the beds.

The room was very warm but was difficult to cool down as the only way to do this was to open the juliet balcony doors which was not really an option during the night.

Finally, we consider the room to be small especially as we paid for a deluxe room. I was advised by a member of reception staff that they are graded size wise depending upon the price paid and the largest deluxe room was 5 square metres larger than ours. I now know this and if we came back would ask how we can pay for a larger room.

Tip: ask for a room at the front of the building as the view from the back of the building is not great

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stan77777
Gylfi Freyr G, General Manager at Exeter Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Stan77777,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your fellow travellers, I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We rarely have an issue with too warm rooms here in Iceland but this is certainly something we will look into. I am particularly excited to hear you liked the newly opened bakery as they do deserve all the praise they can get for their homemade bagels and doughnuts, they are delicious.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night and it was perfect. Slightly larger than your average European hotel room, awesome staff, cool feel across the entire building and good breakfast included in the morning

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Andres P
Gylfi Freyr G, General Manager at Exeter Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Andres P,

Short and sweet, love it, thank you for your comments.

Kindly,

Reviewed 6 September 2018

PROS
Reception staff were friendly and conversational -- Kamila was able to book a tour for me immediately upon my arrival! Everything at Exeter is brand new and redevelopment of the neighboring buildings continues (don't worry, there is no construction noise). Great value for the price I paid and the rooms were very quiet (concrete walls). Breakfast included, yet central to a lot of great restaurants (next door and along the harbor). There's also a gym and sauna, and parking for those who rent a car. Secure lockers behind check-in desk too. Very clean!

CONS
The only real issue was that water leaks into the bedroom from the bathroom if you take a shower for too long on full blast (great soaps though). Easy enough to clean up with a towel, but there could be more of a slope in the floor / a rubber seal to prevent runoff.

The rest below is cosmetic or currently being addressed:
Because the hotel opened only 2 weeks prior to my August 2018 stay, not all the amenities were finished. The outdoor space looked like it was still under construction and the building next door (white building with a steeple in the hotel's images) was not yet finished (they had just added the steeple on the last day of my trip, August 30). WiFi was weak in my bedroom because the place is built like a fortress (concrete walls), but staff said they were addressing that issue by adding more routers/relayers.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Jonathan L,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review. I am delighted Kamilla was able to assist you, she really is fantastic and we love having her as a part of our great team.

I will certainly look into installing a rubber seal by the shower to prevent runoff, thank you for the suggestion.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in our little fortress, routers be on their way :)

Warm Regards,