All reviews front desk blackout curtains usb ports interior room an amazing hotel center city spent four nights loved this hotel south coast restaurants and shopping location is ideal hot tub comfortable bed continental breakfast the hotel staff within easy walking distance yogurt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed there recently for 2 nights in a King Deluxe Room (larger than a classic) on 4th floor. We arrived at 11:30 and were given a room right away which was greatly appreciated. The room is tastefully furnished (not Ikea like) and reasonably spacious with a small sitting area, a tiny balcony and hardwood floor. There are 2 sets of real closets with sufficient hangers on either side of the door, not just an open one with a pole that's common in new or recently renovated hotels. Hot water kettle and Nespresso, good slippers and bathrobes. The bathroom is large with double vanity, separated/enclosed toilet space and a very large shower area. No problem with noise, water temperature or water pressure. There're bedside USB ports plus a couple more at the desk. Wifi speed was reasonable. Overall, the room was very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was of good quality which included cold cuts, yogurts and continental fare plus eggs, bacon, herring, smoked salmon etc. Also real fresh fruits like whole oranges, apples, kiwis and bananas. The spread was the same over our 2-night stay but it wasn't a problem for us.

Service ranged from good to outstanding at the front desk. We got help whenever needed. Location is very good, except for the ongoing construction which will end someday. There are many eateries and shops nearby. The famous hot dog stand Baejarins Beztu Pylsur is just around the corner. Harpa and the City Hall are easy walking distance away. There are 2 bus stops nearby. The nearest one #4 was closed when we were there. That portion of Tryggvagata that our room faced was still a construction zone in entirety. But bus stop #3 right by Hard Rock Cafe is just a few minutes on foot away.

We ate at Gott one night and found the food very good and priced very fairly compared to the other eateries in Reykjavik for the quality.

The reason I knocked off 1 star is I do feel there were small issues and there's room for improvements. The basement has a small gym and a pretty good bathhouse that we used in the evening on both nights. It has a good-sized hot pool, nicely decorated lounge area, a sauna and separate changing rooms for men and women with a few lockers, a toilet and a shower in each. To no fault of the hotel, a female guest locked up the changing room to shower on our first night there. Other than a big basket of used towels, we couldn't find any clean ones. I couldn't access the female changing room at all until the end of my soak. I was glad I'd showered in my room. The woman who really took her time finally came out, fully clothed with a backpack and stayed there to chat on the phone and eat. So I suppose it's a guest who had checked out but used the facility before departure? Maybe there should be a sign indicating the changing room is NOT to be secured for private use as there are lockers and washing/toilet facilities within.

When we went the second night, it was again out of clean towels. But there were 2 ladies who had problem accessing with their key and a manager helped them get in. After I told him there's no more clean towels, he immediately brought some. So it seems more attention is due from housekeeping when occupancy is high. The bathhouse must be quite popular during the day.

Glad we didn't have a car until we left or it could have been some hassles to find parking nearby. After we picked up our rental car from the harbor and went to collect our bags on departure, it was not easy to get there after navigating the one-way streets, no-entry alleys in the area exacerbated by construction closure. It was a good but not exceptional experience for us. Hope things improve because it's very good, centrally located hotel. I might return if I visit Reykjavik again.

3  Thank Mars707
IseyT2, General Manager at Reykjavik Konsulat Hotel, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest
I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments and great feedback about your stay Reykjavik Konsulat Hotel. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your stay.

We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days and the location was great it was walking distance to everything. Breakfast was included but it would be nice if they changed it daily. Staff was friendly and helpful. No bartenders on Sunday and Monday.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear Traveler. I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. I hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If I could give this place 3.5 stars, that would probably be more accurate. We stayed here for one night last week on our last night in Iceland. At check-in, the agent stated we would be getting an upgrade to a preferred room in recognition for our Hilton Honors status; however, when I originally booked the room, I actually paid to upgrade to preferred, so in reality we didn’t get an upgrade at all. I should have corrected him, but I was so tired from trying to find parking (the hotel doesn’t have any, many streets are blocked off right around the hotel as there is ongoing construction, and it is like a high stakes game of musical chairs to find a place to park) and then hauling luggage I didn’t bother. In hindsight, I should have- the room, while very clean, was minuscule, even by European standards. I was extremely thankful that we were there on Sunday as I stepped onto the tiny balcony and looked over the fine array of construction equipment, poised and ready to go off early the next morning (did I mention the roads were under construction?). The one big plus was the bathroom, which was large and beautifully decorated, with a wonderful shower. The hotel is within walking distance of some neat shops, the Harpa and restaurants, so it is a good base to use to explore. But with all the choices for hotels around I don’t know that I would try this one again.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton

Dear guest, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. we are iger to improve so I really hope we will see you again soon

Best regads

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location in Reykjavik. Easy walking distance to dining, shopping,and points of interest. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. No on site parking, but easily found parking on street near hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Curio – A Collection by Hilton
IseyT2, General Manager at Reykjavik Konsulat Hotel, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your great feedback about your stay

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon

Best regards Isey

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a great staff they were very helpful with some problemsI had in my room and were very helpful in locating various tourist sites. The manager, not sure of his name, I believe it was Bragi was wonderful and was helpful with every request. I have been to Reykjavik more than 5 times this is the best hotel in town. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rental car parking can be a problem.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Traveler. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. This is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel.

Hoping to see you again soon
Best regads