“Excellent choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Butterfly Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 108 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2017

After I arrived for my tour in Iceland I realized that my flight was leaving one day later than when the tour ended. I ask the hotel I was staying in if I could stay an extra night. The room I was in was already booked, and to get a larger room was WAAAY more than I wanted to pay! So I went to the Tourist information. They gave me a listing of accommodations. I looked through them and the the Butterfly Guesthouse caught my attention. I called and John spoke with me and said he had an available room. The Butterfly was twice as nice at half the price of the hotel. John was a super host! He kept his kitchen stocked for his guest. I was able to have my breakfast and light lunch there, which saved me even more money. I only got to stay one night, but on my next trip to Iceland, the Butterfly Guesthouse will be the place I want to stay!!

Room Tip: I only saw my room on the 1st floor. It was on the street side, but I had no problems with light or...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas B
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you Thomas B!

I am smiling from ear to ear ! Nice to hear that we do better than the expensive hotels.
Hope to see you soon again!

Best wishes
Jon

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This guesthosue became our base in Reykjavik. Nice, confortable and friendly.
Situated in the city center near the harbour. The owner is always available to help you and suggest services and places to live Reykjavik

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Erre1969

Thank you for the nice review! We try to do our best....

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have just returned from a visit to Iceland. Incredible holiday!

We stayed three nights in Reykjavik at the Butterfly Guesthouse (2 nights upon arrival and one night before departing). The guesthouse is very centrally located and close to great restaurants and the main shopping district. It is also very close to "bus stop four" which is the meeting point for airport shuttle, some tours, etc. City attractions are easily reached by walking and the city is very easy to navigate.

The Guesthouse was great value. The owner, Jon, responded to my email inquiries before we booked immediately. That was very reassuring when booking an accommodation unseen. The Guesthouse was well outfitted with nice rooms and a communal kitchen and sitting area. Guests could make their own breakfast and/or bring in food to prepare. it was great to meet other travelers and get their recommendations or pass on ours.

Jon was very gracious and helpful in finding restaurants as well as other advice. He was on site while we were there and let us drop our bags off even though we hadn't checked in yet. He was a great host and most accommodating.

I highly recommend this accommodation if you are stopping in Reykjavik, even for one night.

Room Tip: Take the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you Pam and friend!

It is nice getting such nice reviews. I hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the quaintness of the Butterfly Guesthouse. It was a nice & clean welcome to Reykjavik after a long day of travel. The host was very welcoming & the other guests were quiet.

We were in the triple room (a double bed & a twin bed- 3 adults) & it was very small. The bathroom was even smaller (think camper bathroom). The room would have been fine for 2 adults but 3 was crammed.

Breakfast was all cold cereals & you had to make your own coffee.

Again- very welcoming host, very clean place & we enjoyed it overall- just could have used a bit more space in the room/bathroom.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Brittany

The room actually fullfill building / health requirements for a 3 star hotel here in Reykjavik. But if guests fill up the room with luggage as they were moving to Iceland instead of bringing what is needed for holiday - then it will be crammed of course.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My sister and I stayed here for 6 nights while in Iceland and we loved our stay here. Jon the host, is super friendly, super helpful, and just all around a great guy. We enjoyed having him there if we needed any guidance or assistance. We stayed in room 2 and it was perfect for us. We didn't need much as we were out and about mostly all day. The beds were perfect size and we had a bathroom located across the hall from us with a shower and we experienced no issues. It was also super convenient having the fully stocked kitchen with fridge space. When I tell you this place is spotless, I mean it. It was so clean and other guests were kind and respectful so overall it was a great stay. The house is also conveniently located near the main city attractions in Reykjavik. We were walking distance to all restaurants and major bus stops. Getting picked up for excursions was super simple. We can't wait to recommend this spot to friends and eventually get back here one day. Thanks, Jon. The sisters loved meeting you. Best wishes to your and your family.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you very much Alyssa and sister!

My old heart is happy! Nice to wake up in the morning, having a cup of coffee and read this beautiful review.

You are always welcome back!

best wishes to your family as well !