All reviewsother guestshighly recommend this accommodationfridge spacecommunal kitchentop floorcommon spaceb bspaid parkingbreadstay there againquiet neighborhoodperfect locationold harbourlocal supermarketenjoyed our staysitting areacity centre
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My sister and I stayed here for 6 nights while in Iceland and we loved our stay here. Jon the host, is super friendly, super helpful, and just all around a great guy. We enjoyed having him there if we needed any guidance or assistance. We stayed in room 2 and it was perfect for us. We didn't need much as we were out and about mostly all day. The beds were perfect size and we had a bathroom located across the hall from us with a shower and we experienced no issues. It was also super convenient having the fully stocked kitchen with fridge space. When I tell you this place is spotless, I mean it. It was so clean and other guests were kind and respectful so overall it was a great stay. The house is also conveniently located near the main city attractions in Reykjavik. We were walking distance to all restaurants and major bus stops. Getting picked up for excursions was super simple. We can't wait to recommend this spot to friends and eventually get back here one day. Thanks, Jon. The sisters loved meeting you. Best wishes to your and your family.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you very much Alyssa and sister!

My old heart is happy! Nice to wake up in the morning, having a cup of coffee and read this beautiful review.

You are always welcome back!

best wishes to your family as well !

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed three nights and had a very enjoyable time. Conveniently located to the harbor, flea market, all the walking tours, shopping and certainly food. Our room -- the first time there was very good. We returned 3 days later just for one night and were given a room that was pretty small. For two people it was hard to move around -- wish we had a larger room. All in all a good place in Reykjavik. Many thanks.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear SeeTheWorld

I am flattered.

I will not discuss "taste of rooms" with you - just a practical issue:
In an old house the main layout of rooms where set generations ago, and we should take care when we change it. That is why room sizes are original in our house.

Hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This was a perfect place to start our Iceland trip. We spent two nights here and loved it (though we were so jet lagged it's all a bit of a fog those first few days). I loved how close this was to everything but the guesthouse itself is on a more quiet street. It has pretty available street parking (though you do have to pay the meter during the day).

We took multiple day trips from here before moving on and it served as a great base camp.

We had our own bathroom and it was a bit cramped and had a Huge step down. So ask ahead if that would problematic for you. For us, it wasn't a big deal.

Great room darkening shades too!

Stayed: July 2017
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear McGexploring

Thank you for staying with us and a nice review.

The step down from the bathroom is because we put heat in the floor / concrete when we made the bathroom.

best wishes for all your trips!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

The owner is very friendly and willing to help with all sorts of questions about staying in Iceland. The house itself is comfy and convenient for museums, restaurants and the harbour. If you don't feel like going out, it's also a short walk away from the supermarket, and the kitchen is well stocked with crockery and cutlery so you can stay in for the evening. If I were to visit Reykjavik again I'd come back here!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you Erin!

best wishes for you and your friend!

Reviewed 24 June 2017

I am going to keep this Short and Super Sweet! I travel all over the World (80+ countries) and have stayed at a million AirBnBs... and I can Honestly say this is ONE of the BEST places I've stayed. Best bang for your Buck! Don't look anywhere else, because you will not come close to finding a better place than Butterfly House, especially for the money. TOTALLY AWESOME PLACE! Just Do it! You will not regret staying here! Top Top TOPS!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
butterflykvasir, Owner at Butterfly Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hello Stephen

I will smile a month - or even a year after this review!
You are welcome back any time!!!!!

best wishes for all your travelling!