“Excellent atmosphere”

Saeta Svinid Gastropub
Ranked #39 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Description: Saeta Svínid (Sweet pig) is an Icelandic Gastropub you can drop by for drinks and good quality food in a casual and fun atmosphere. We serve lunch, late lunch and dinner. Our mission is to provide tasty food made with good quality Icelandic ingredients at reasonable prices. And we offer a unique selection of beer, wine, and cocktails to enjoy alongside the food.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This gastropub, is very near to the City Plaza hotel. They provide a selection of food and drinks, and have happy hour from 1600 hrs to 1800 hrs every day. Cocktails were about £18 each, however, with happy hour - buy one get one free. Very busy.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

My husband really wanted to try the 7 course tasting menu but I couldn't bring myself to try puffin or whale so we popped into the restaurant during the afternoon and asked if they would offer me an alternative for those two items. Initially I was given the stock answer of no, but the Maitre d (I assume) heard and said that if we were willing to eat at around 7pm they would make an exception for me.
This is exactly what happened with me being served 2 alternatives whilst my husband ate the puffin and whale. He said they were both very nice, and we both enjoyed the rest of the meal with the Icelandic lamb and skyr desert my favourite courses.
The staff were very attentive although we did have to remind them that we hadn't had out complimentary shot at the beginning of the meal.
It wasn't cheap, even by Icelandic standards but it was the sort of meal we will tell other people about and remember in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Hadn’t booked but good atmosphere and each had a burger, really tasty, not so keen on waffle chips as quite greasy but burger was delicious, I had mine with muchrooms,

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Wow, huge portion sizes, great food! This is in a great location down by the Harbour. The soup, sandwiches and burgers are all fantastic. Something on the menu for everyone on your group.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

We went here twice on our trip and loved it both times. The burger and waffle fries for a lunch has to be the best burgers we've ever had. The pale local ales was also really nice. For a dinner meal we shared the leg of lamb, it was the most flavoursome, succulent and amazing lamb. Being a sharing option it was also great value for money. We were always so stuffed we didn't manage desserts but I can't recommend this place enough. The beautiful atmosphere inside, across the 3 stories with twinkle lights and cosy feel just makes the whole experience fab x