Hotel Keflavik(Keflavik)
US$ 157
Alex Guesthouse(Keflavik)
US$ 158
TripAdvisor
CB Bed & Breakfast(Keflavik)(Great Value!)
US$ 133
TripAdvisor
All reviewsself servicethe cleaning ladyshared kitchenshared facilitieskef airportshuttle busself serverental carprivate bathroomcold cutsfree wifiblue lagoonminute drivesinkfridgeguesthousecheese
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Our stay was just for one night. Minimal accommodations, but clean. If all you need is a shower and clean bed, this will suffice.

Breakfast: We were expecting a little more than toast and coffee for breakfast. Honestly, why is the name B&B?

Shared Bathroom: Traipsing across the lobby in my pjs and a towel on my head after a shower wasn't great. People were checking in and there I am in all my humidified glory . . . embarrassing.

Shuttle: The shuttle thing is just ridiculous. With them being so close to the airport, why aren't they including 2 shuttle trips? Please charge extra if you need to but I took a taxi and the guy tipped himself $20. Granted, it was my fault for not knowing the currency . . . but seriously?

I should say that I got my $20 back, because the owner of the "B&B" asked if I would sleep in a smaller room for less . . . all's well that ends well.

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs and it was super quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Rooms are small, and noise isolation between the rooms is poor.

Breakfast is fairly basic.

Shuttle to/from airport sucks. You only can get a shuttle to or from the airport not both way.

We used the shuttle to go to the guesthouse.
Although we informed upfront that we were with 6 people and the sign the guy at the airport had showed our name with a (6) after it, the guy came with a small car and had to go back to get a small van. It took about 45 minutes before we were at the hotel (a 5 minute drive).

It was clearly mentioned that only one transfer was included. Then again we could not even get a transfer back to the airport when I offered to pay for it. We arranged a taxi. While waiting for it we saw the shuttle van leave to drop off two other customers at the airport. They could have easily added us to that bus.

We paid USD 120 per room (shared bathroom, breakfast included). Although Iceland is expensive we did not consider this value for money.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

the location is very near to the KEF AIRPORT. They also have a free included shuttle service for going to the airport or picking you up. even running during the night.
Perfect pick up, if there is no technical problem.
We have been waiting over 1 hour bing picked us up by the shuttle bus.
I was not told about the technical problems, so we took a taxi and asked for refund of the taxi money. left my email address but never got a mail from the hotel manager.
Can`t recommend it. The guy on the reception was not friendly or even helpful. Im sorry.

Breakfast was open from 4am, that was very tasty.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We arrived after midnight, rented a car, and got to B&B and were in our room within five minutes. Check-in was a breeze and we got a quick tour of the two shared bathrooms on the first floor and the kitchen. The bathrooms are private toilet plus shower/sink/towels. The self-serve kitchen was fully stocked with cereal/crackers/bread, coffee/tea, regular/sour milks, apple/orange juices, jams, cheese & cold cuts. Check-out couldn't have been easier; leave the key in the room door for the cleaning lady.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 17 April 2017

When you are traveling to just see as much of an area that you possibly can you don't need a fancy $300 a night hotel. We stopped overnight in Iceland for the sole purpose of going to the Blue Lagoon. We then selected this B&B because it had good ratings on TA and was close to the airport.

Selecting this B&B was the proper choice. The owners were just as friendy as could be and I have never seen a couple work so hard to make their customers happy.

This B&B is juat as basic as it can be. The rooms mostly are set up with two twin beds, a TV, and a sink. Bathrooms and showers are shared but even shared they were clean and well maintained. The kitchen adjacnt to the lobby came with a well stocked refrigerator that was open for guest usage ALL day...not just in the morning. Perfect for people in and out all day and night.

So if you need a base of operations then select the ORIGINAL B&B Guesthouse.....not the other one calling itself the Bed & Breakfast Guesthouse. This one has been around for 16 years and is the original and the best.

Room Tip: All are about the same. Basic and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple