I stayed at the Julia for two nights and found it to be great value for money. I stayed in room 531, facing Southeast towards the river. The room was very modern and had 4 power outlets at the desk alone, one next to each bed plus a few around the corners. No problem having your mobile recharged, laptop running, camera battery getting recharged etc. I wish all hotels would have that many power outlets, it was a great relief. The key card had to be in a holder next to the door for the power in the room to be on and the outlets to be working though. Breakfast is a chapter of its own - excellent selection, lots of it and the staff doesn't begin to remove the dishes and food before closing time. One positive/negative thing is that everything pretty much is lactose free or low lactose and consequently the scrambled eggs tasted a bit funny to me. The only problem I spotted was that there was a door to an outside parking area a couple of rooms down the hall from the room, and whenever it was closed it slammed shut, sending shockwaves through the hotel and caused me to jump to some degree the first few times. There's free WiFi, you get a little slip for two devices with a user name and password for each day you stay there, and you need to switch to a new user name and password each day. At night the front door is locked and you have to push a ringer next to the door and peek into a little camera to have the door opened, but it's answered quickly. The hotel is in a building above a mall, you take escalators from the ground floor up to the reception and from there elevators to get to your room. The building also houses a parking garage on two floors in the middle level of the building but you only really notice in the elevators because you need to use your room keycard in them to make them go up the the floors with the rooms. Location is excellent, in the second block Northeast from Salutorget, the central square. Generally the Julia is great value for money, you can stay there and not have to worry about it but get on with being a tourist, doing business or whatever you're there for. I'll happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel located right in the centre of the city, close to the River Aura and trendy Vähätori square. All the city's major sights and entertainment highlights are within easy reach of our hotel, including museums and Turku Castle. All of the shopping centres, the marketplace and market hall, and the University of Turku are also all within walking distance. Scandic Julia is the 1st hotel in Turku to receive the Nordic Ecolabel according to its new criteria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Scandic Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Julia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Julia Hotel Turku
- Turku Scandic Julia Hotel