“Fine meals but no fine dining”
Review of Smor

Smor
Ranked #7 of 348 Restaurants in Turku
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We reserved a table several weeks ago thinking to enjoy the 4-courses set menu. Well, it was disappointing to find out that this menu is not available during holidays (the city was full of tourists due to the Tall Ship Race) !!! So we had to select our meals from a rather limited carte: 1 veg, 1 chicken, 1 fish and 1 lamb ! My wife had the chicken and I had the fish. It was excellent. Nothing to complain there. However, I would not call Smor a fine dining restaurant. Much to noisy for that. The vaulted plain ceiling is echoing conversations too easily.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

When you are in a hearth of Turku next to river and you enter the restaurant by stepping down from the street level you know you will love the atmosphere. Of course the atmosphere is only one part, but when you get the good food friendly served with good wine you can only smile

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had beforehand heard only good from restaurant Smör but it still surprised me with the quality and value of the cooking! We had the tasting menu on four course with wines and it was marvelous! Season vegetables and herbs as well as nearby producted goods were well cooked so that their real flavors were preserved and highligted. Well chosen wines fullfilled the experience to all five stars night! Special thanks to our waitress for making us feel comfortable! I warmly recommend Smör as a quality fine dining restaurant in Turku! It offers well planned and cooked seasonal goods from Western Finland!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Very high quality restaurant. Really deserves a visit. A bit expensive but u you will not regret. I hope I will be back

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We had a very nice lunch. The service was excellent and the food was very tasty. I had a oven baked fishdish and my husband had the oxcheek. We enjoyed our lunch and will try to come for dinner next time we visit Turku.