“Fantastic pizza, friendly service!”
Review of Virgin Oil Co.

Virgin Oil Co.
Ranked #166 of 1,564 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Description: The only restaurant in the heart of Helsinki that combines American-Italian food, amazing live gigs and a laid-back bar atmosphere. Pizza from a wood burning oven, wine from the barrel, live music upstairs.
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Came here 8 years ago on a cold winter night, drenched and starving. I had always remembered this place because the pizza i had was soo good!

Today, I was back in Helsinki and went about to look for this place again. It is a huge venue which serves fantastic thin crust pizzas. The servers was friendly and attentive, but that may be because we came at 3pm.

While it may be a bit pricey, it was great for me to come back to relive some memories. The pastas were decent but definitely order a pizza!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was quite full.

When we arrived, we were first seated next to the entrance, as I do not like to sit where alot of people walk by I asked to change the seating immidiately. The staff then gave us more comfortable seats.

For starters we ordered snails and giant shrimps. The snails were good, the giant shrimps were tasteless, the onion dressing with the shrimps was good.

For the main course she ordered fried chicken with goat cheese and they recommended the 200 gram beef steak which I took.

The chicken with goat cheese was very good. The beef was prepared as I wanted it, medium rare. But it was hard and not really what I would call restaurant standard. The waitress came by and asked how the meals were and we told the beef was not satisfactory. The waitress immidiately brought the menu again and this time I chose the lamb. The chef came and appologized for the beef. The lamb was ok.

We were then leaving and asked for the bill. They didnt charge for the beef. Which was what we expected but didn't communicate.

All in all the experience was good. The staff was great. The chicken with goat cheese was great, the beef was bad. The rest was OK.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

we were really impressed with the service (which is hard to find in Helsinki): really fast and friendly. the fod was delicious( we took a great steak and grilled salmon). it has a convenient location too, close to the shopping area

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Relaxed, upscale atmosphere. Dark interior. Italian style dishes, very good food. Would say prices are high, but this is the "Times Square" area of Helsinki.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I ate here twice with friends during my stay in Helsinki. I loved the atmosphere and vibe. Interesting building inside and out. Food and wine was both excellent. Happy to recommend and I'll certainly be visiting again.