“My favourite in Helsinki”
Review of Klaus K Hotel

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Helsinki, Finland
“My favourite in Helsinki”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Quirky, intimate and reliable in quality - the boutique hotel in modern Scandinavian style is my new regular haunt in Helsinki. The organic, regional breakfast buffet is a real joy. Room decor can be a bit dark in atmosphere but the total experience has always been fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear random adventurer, I very much appreciate you making the time to write your review. We try to surprise our guests with fun and interesting touches while remaining reliable and professional. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sospel, France
Reviewed 21 February 2012

A very nice design hotel in the center of town. The rooms were very well equipped and the bathroom was big enough and clean. Staff was friendly, breakfast is nice with more than enough choice. The hotel is in the middle of town, lots of good restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood. Central station is about 10 minutes by food.

Prices are reasonable, its a nice price quality.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street site are also very quiet, very good isolation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear HugodelaR,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am extremely happy to learn that you could see and feel the every day hard work of our Refresh-team to keep the rooms and public spaces in immaculate condition.
I wish that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed in the Klaus K in November, and loved it. The room was great, so was breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff was absolutely lovely in every way. The only problem I had was that the DVD player in my room didn't work and couldn't be fixed, but I had my laptop as backup. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I'm going back at the end of February for 12 days at the Klaus K!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Zansville, I was so excited to read your kind and encouraging words in your review for Klaus K. I look forward to welcoming you back. My team has been immensely proud when I shared your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 January 2012

straight to the point hotel, nice design, simple and clean. good bar and great location

Room Tip: get a room on the street side, the other rooms can be dark
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! I hope we can welcome you back at Klaus K again in the future. all the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at Klaus K for 1 night with my husband. As it calls itself a boutique hotel I have to say I was expecting it to be a lot nicer with impeccable service.

The welcome drink (fridays and saturdays) was a nice touch but when I came to the room I noticed it wasn't cleaned too well,I had to wipe the floor and the bath tub off stray hairs (yuck) and after inspecting the drinking glasses I decided to give them a good rinse too. The bathroom toiletries were very nice but when I showered I noticed that there was no hair condotioner. My husband phoned reception to ask for some and they told him to go fetch it himself! Hrmph. Don't fancy getting dressed again when already in shower.

We went for a drink to the downstairs nightclub. The service was polite and the wine good but jolly those carpets reeked! Smelled of years of spilled beer and dirt!

The bed was fantastic. Super comfortable and I slept like a baby.

Overall the place is worn and the decor is dated.

Breakfast is pretty good in terms of quality. They could have more than one option of boiled eggs (8min.!)and at least have fresh veg other than cherry tomatoes and wilted lettuce to put on your bread. I think they're trying too hard to be different that it ends up just being wrong. I would never, ever pay 23€ for it which is what they charge if you don't have a room.

Although the location is great and the beds comfy, I doubt I'll stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Snusis
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Snusis, I very much appreciate your review. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced and I agree it is not acceptable to find the things you did. I want you to know that I have already begun a hotel room wide program called rooms perfect where they will receive a makeover as you suggested (I already started this a week earlier than your review). In addition, I have budgeted for new public space furniture as well. I am most proud of our team which in my opinion provides so much more of our guest experience. I am glad to hear you liked our beds as well! Perhaps you'll give us a try once more in the future. I promise you will notice a change. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back some day. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager