“Nice design hotel in Helsinki” 4 of 5 bubbles

Klaus K Hotel
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sospel, France
“Nice design hotel in Helsinki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

A very nice design hotel in the center of town. The rooms were very well equipped and the bathroom was big enough and clean. Staff was friendly, breakfast is nice with more than enough choice. The hotel is in the middle of town, lots of good restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood. Central station is about 10 minutes by food.

Prices are reasonable, its a nice price quality.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street site are also very quiet, very good isolation.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear HugodelaR,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am extremely happy to learn that you could see and feel the every day hard work of our Refresh-team to keep the rooms and public spaces in immaculate condition.
I wish that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed in the Klaus K in November, and loved it. The room was great, so was breakfast. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff was absolutely lovely in every way. The only problem I had was that the DVD player in my room didn't work and couldn't be fixed, but I had my laptop as backup. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I'm going back at the end of February for 12 days at the Klaus K!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Zansville, I was so excited to read your kind and encouraging words in your review for Klaus K. I look forward to welcoming you back. My team has been immensely proud when I shared your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

straight to the point hotel, nice design, simple and clean. good bar and great location

Room Tip: get a room on the street side, the other rooms can be dark
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! I hope we can welcome you back at Klaus K again in the future. all the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed at Klaus K for 1 night with my husband. As it calls itself a boutique hotel I have to say I was expecting it to be a lot nicer with impeccable service.

The welcome drink (fridays and saturdays) was a nice touch but when I came to the room I noticed it wasn't cleaned too well,I had to wipe the floor and the bath tub off stray hairs (yuck) and after inspecting the drinking glasses I decided to give them a good rinse too. The bathroom toiletries were very nice but when I showered I noticed that there was no hair condotioner. My husband phoned reception to ask for some and they told him to go fetch it himself! Hrmph. Don't fancy getting dressed again when already in shower.

We went for a drink to the downstairs nightclub. The service was polite and the wine good but jolly those carpets reeked! Smelled of years of spilled beer and dirt!

The bed was fantastic. Super comfortable and I slept like a baby.

Overall the place is worn and the decor is dated.

Breakfast is pretty good in terms of quality. They could have more than one option of boiled eggs (8min.!)and at least have fresh veg other than cherry tomatoes and wilted lettuce to put on your bread. I think they're trying too hard to be different that it ends up just being wrong. I would never, ever pay 23€ for it which is what they charge if you don't have a room.

Although the location is great and the beds comfy, I doubt I'll stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Snusis
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Snusis, I very much appreciate your review. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness you experienced and I agree it is not acceptable to find the things you did. I want you to know that I have already begun a hotel room wide program called rooms perfect where they will receive a makeover as you suggested (I already started this a week earlier than your review). In addition, I have budgeted for new public space furniture as well. I am most proud of our team which in my opinion provides so much more of our guest experience. I am glad to hear you liked our beds as well! Perhaps you'll give us a try once more in the future. I promise you will notice a change. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back some day. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Very smart, stylish hotel. Modern double room with large, clean bathroom which has speakers inside somewhere so that you can hear music/TV whilst having a bath/shower. Mini-bar available but expensive.
Tokens left in room to have free drink in hotel bar- bar very sleek and futuristic with good range of delicious cocktails.
Breakfast was great, with vast selection of good food available at buffet and also able to order cooked items including tradition Finnish food to try.
Staff polite but a bit too "cool" rather than welcoming. Spoke perfect English.
Tried to go to Italian restaurant on ground floor but totally ignored by waiting staff, finally got a seat but waitress rude so left before ordering- would avoid and go elsewhere as many good restaurants only a short walking distance away.
Overall, clean, trendy hotel with central location and great breakfast.
Cool and edgy rather than homely so perhaps more suited to trips with friends or business than for families or a romantic breaks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear DR DW 1985, I am embarrassed when reading your comments about our staff and I greatly apologize. We are a family business with a great team and I am very sorry about the behavior you experienced. It is sincerely not normal at all. I am reviewing this with all our staff so they know and see how they are perceived and how important their actions are. In addition, I appreciate all the kind compliments you mentioned about our quality and variety of our products. But I understand they don't outweigh the personal action my team performs. I hope you will give us another try in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager