US$ 164
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
US$ 121
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 141/night.

US$ 129
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 160/night.

US$ 209
US$ 173
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 206/night.

US$ 184
US$ 158
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 195/night.

US$ 178
US$ 169
US$ 153
US$ 161
  • Restaurant
Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa(Helsinki)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 145
US$ 132
Hilton
Hotel Haven(Helsinki)
US$ 237
US$ 203
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 226/night.

1,245 results
All reviewsfinnish designalvar aaltorock churchironing roomsingle roomtrain stationbooked this hotelshort walkbreakfast was includedcentral locationon footprivate saunaporridgereception staffpublic transportationtop floorcentre of town
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

A no frills, centrally located, friendly staff. Rooms clean, so clean and designed verge of monastic. Our room was nicely sized. Great generous breakfast for all styles. And check out the prices!! The bar seemed nice, a bar in the hotel for us was essential in subzero weather.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Good points:
Location: great location so close to all the main sites.
Service: the service has been very good staff are attentive and helpful
Restaurant: the food is amazing serving traditional Finnish food at a very reasonable price
Room: clean, tea and coffee provided, well stocked mini bar and free wifi.

Bad points: sauna and spa were not functional during my stay. I booked this hotel because of these facilities. A temporary sauna had been put in place however it was only open between 1700 and 2100. I was very disappointed with this.

Room: I got a single room, the room was small. Travelling from Australia back to the UK for a couple of months I had a lot of luggage. I spent the whole stay tripping over my suitcase.

Overall this is a good hotel. It is clean and close to all the main sites. The staff are great and I highly recommend the restaurant. I was disappointed that the facilities that I was most interested we unavailable for my stay and if I had know this prior to booking I probably would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 8 November 2014 via mobile

It's rare that I stay in a hotel for more than a few days. My wife and I stayed here for nearly two weeks whilst she was carrying out academic research. The cost for the two weeks was very reasonable and was train enough to stay there, as Helsinki can be expensive. The front of house staff and restaurant staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was very good, one of the larger ones I believe, with plenty of space. Comfortable beds. The facilities were quite good. Free WiFi; tea making facilities; T.V. (although it was not easy to see from the beds and had to be repositioned!); phone. The last may seem redundant in the age of the mobile phone, but roaming charges can be prohibitive and the phone frees at the Helka seemed very fair. There was a moderately sized work desk in the room, which we found helpful. The floor was dark hardwood rather than carpet which have the room a slightly utilitarian air, but I guess that is merely a matter of taste. The bathroom was not very big, but certainly adequate. No bath, but a very good shower unit.

I really have no significant concerns our complaints about this hotel, compliments mostly. The restaurant is slightly overpriced and the menu lacks variety. Most people only stay a few days so this may not be a problem for many travellers. But the hotel is very centrally located and there are many good restaurants close at hand. The breakfasts are very very generous and although they don't change from day to day at all, there is such a variety that you'll not be bored with breakfast.

The hotel is handy both for exploring Helsinki and farther afield, as it is close to all public transport hubs.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Hotel is located near bus terminal and tram station. great location.
Room is clean, staffs are nice. very good breakfast. I will choose this hotel if I come to Helsiniki in the future.
Wifi is good.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Thomas H, Asiakaspalvelujohtaja at Hotel Helka, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2014

Thank you for your kind review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Helka.

Reviewed 29 October 2014

I wasn´t expecting much of this hotel but it´s just great. The room has space enough for two persons, a good table to work, the shower is very good too. The sauna on the last floor as different sofas to make meetings. The bar at the lobby is nice and cozy with a bathroom besides.
The breaksfast is JUST fantastic. One of the bests I´ve ever tried. Many options, local food, as the lunch. Well located, near, bar, cafes, pubs and restaurants. The staff is very good and you can leave your bycicles at the lobby. When late returning it´s very safe.

Room Tip: I think ask about the design and space will help you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business