1,203 results
All reviews train station excellent location meatballs major attractions clean hotel breakfast was included bed was comfortable central helsinki public transportation few minutes walk the heart of the city yogurt hotel is located market square waterfront europe ferry
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Average hotel. Very good location in the heart of the city opposite of university. The rooms are old-fashioned, even some of the poor quality. Need reform. Staff are friendly and things are smooth. Middle class hotel ok.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
hotelarthur, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for the review!
Welcome back again :)

Hotel Arthur
Sales Department

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in a superior room. Glad we had the upgrade for space purposes.

The location was great. It was really easy to get to from the airport and central train station.

The room style was clean, basic, no frills.

Breakfast was plentiful but nothing special.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank magdam52
hotelarthur, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for the feedback and review.
Welcome again :)

Hotel Arthur
Sales department

Reviewed 13 June 2018

As Helsinki isn't the cheapest city considering hotel prices, we were choosing a hotel with all the necessary amenities and not too expensive at the same time. Quite accidentally I found this hotel in the Internet. I wrote there by e-mail and got information I wanted very quickly. I consulted my family and we decided to stay in it. My overall impression is very positive. Though the furniture in the room isn't new, it adds some charm to the place. The room was very spacious (#301). There was a tea/coffee set. The towels were changed every day. The cleaning was well-done.The staff is very helpful and hospitable. The breakfasts are also quite sufficient. If you look for modern things and luxury, it isn't for you. If you look for comfort, cosyness and hospitality, then it might be your choice. I'm sure I'll stay there again!

Date of stay: June 2018
hotelarthur, Guest Relations Manager at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback and for your stay. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of greeting you welcome again to our hotel!

Hotel Arthur / Sales Department / Matti Miettinen

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Perfect hotel for a short stay. Close to everything, great personell. Excellent for people who go to concerts in the nearby park and close to railway station. Good and modern bathrooms! I will easily book it again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
hotelarthur, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Arthur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed here for 5 nights for a visit to Helsinki that included sightseeing and meeting up with local friends. I was looking for an affordable hotel and this one includes a full range of styles and prices of rooms. I chose a single room with its own toilet and shower but there were also rooms without a shower available, for those on an even tighter budget, and shower rooms on the corridors.

The room was simply furnished with no imaginative touches but it had everything I needed: a comfortable bed, plenty of shelves and wardrobe space, a desk and chair, armchair and TV. Be aware that shower gel/shampoo is provided but not soap, so it's worth bringing soap of your own if you like to use it. Enough towels were provided. The room was cleaned and tidied in my absence every day except Sunday - perhaps it would have been done that day too if I had put my sign out, but I had temporarily mislaid it! The only downside of the room was that it could get quite hot, but it was possible to leave the window open on a latch - my window faced inwards onto a courtyard so it felt fairly secure. Although I have only rated it a 3 for sleep quality this had more to do with the "midnight sun" and my own tendency to wake up a lot in the night than any problem with the bed.

Breakfast was included in the price and was probably my favourite thing about the hotel. There was a huge variety of food to choose from the buffet, including local specialities such as Karelian pies. I don't think I had exactly the same combination twice in the 5 days. I didn't try dinner at the hotel but the menu looked interesting and not especially expensive. However snacks from the foyer out of hours seemed slightly expensive for what they were (4 Euros for a filled roll, 2 Euros for a cup of tea you make yourself) so it is probably better to buy your snacks out and about.

The hotel is perfectly positioned for sightseeing, as it's only about 200 metres from the nearest tram stop, not much further to the railway station (where a lot of different tram lines converge) and less than 1km from almost all of the major sights. Closest of all is the botanical garden at Kaisaniemi, almost directly opposite the hotel, which is well worth a stroll around - entrance to the outdoor parts of the garden is free. There are maps and leaflets about lots of different attractions available in the hotel foyer for anyone who hasn't already done their research.

The reception staff were always friendly and helpful, and all of them spoke excellent English. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to stay in the centre of Helsinki.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank your for the review. Warmly welcome again :)