“Finnish food court?”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Such an exciting feel the moment we stepped into Karl Frazer! The food selection was vast, though I felt prices were high (though I could say that generally about Finland). I had the soup twice with crusty bread and that definitely warmed me up during winter. Wonderful display of chocolates and lollies.

2  Thank PoppyTan

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have visited many times on many different occasions. Although everything is quite good, particularly the pastries, it is incredibly overpriced. I can get equal quality pastries from the bakery down the street (and sometimes even better) at half the cost. I do enjoy the ambience when it is not overcrowded and also occasional free concerts.

1  Thank alwaysfuntraveling
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I've been to the cafe Fazer once during my day trip to Helsinki - that was not a pre-planned visit, but it turned out to be very pleasant. I liked the ambience of the place, which works as a cafe, a show-case of all types of chocolates and pastry and a shop. It was lunch time as my friend and I entered it, and yet, it was quite possible to find a table for two. The queue at the counter wasn't long, and anyway, you choose the dishes you like as you move on. Most of all I enjoyed the goat cheese salad, which was really tasty and the portion was really large.
The desserts are mouthwatering as you look at them, and delicious as you actually try them. The size is impressive, too.
While waiting at the counter I managed to get a bag of small Fazer candies, you know, like 'Geisha', 'Rum', 'Cherry Brandy', 'Mint', etc, and later discovered that a cup of coffee is always followed with one of these. A nice little touch.
I'd definitely like to return here again.

2  Thank mlle_Pauline
Reviewed 13 February 2012

If you want to meet or just watch people that is a place where to go. The prices may be a little higher than in ordinary places, but here you can enjoy in peace a nice cup of coffee with or without a friend,

2  Thank Anja K
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've been many times to Fazer cafe at midday and valued it for cakes and chocolates. But this time myself and my family came to Fazer at morning time just after opening to have breakfast. And I would rate it as the best in town. It was an open buffet where they serve blinis and salads, cold meats and fish, cakes and cheese, freshly squeezed juice and smoothies. Great assortment and really good quality. After opening there are just few people so no problem with space or noise. I would definetely recommend this place for a breakfast visit.

1  Thank Vadimf75