New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Our Magical Lapland Wedding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lumimaa - Snowland

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rovaniemi
Lumimaa - Snowland
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Rovaniemi
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Our Magical Lapland Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

We got married at Snowland on 27 Dec 2008 and had a truly wonderful exerience. We did not know what to expect as we hadn't seen any pictures of the venue but it really did not dissapoint.

The venue is a ice structure that resembles the white dome buildings on StarWars - but is absolutly fantastic. When you walk inside you will be mezmorised by the beauty of it and it was really the icing on the cake for our fairytale wedding.

From the ice structures to the twinkling lights in the ceiling of the dome to the ice altar and reindeer pelts and luminated walls the venue is just simply magical

The ceremony is short and sweet - but your guests will thank you for i reckon it is colder inside than it is out. Our guests were pleased for the warmth provided by the hand warmers we provided as favours as they walked in to the venue. We said our own vows and had my Mum read a poem and the the officiant did his bit - all in all it took about 15 mins.

I advise buying some lambs wool insole for your shoes - my feet were toasty warm but the male members of my wedding party had cold toes. I also advise on some shoes with grips for the men as most of my party resembled Bambi on Ice - they were wearing dress shoes. I wore some georgian boots with a heel and didn't slip once.

I booked my whole 7 day stay in Lapland over Christmas 2008 on my own using OPODO and the web to find a suitable lodge for my 8 guests, we stayed at Niemalan Talo - it was just beautiful. I stayed well clear of the tour operators who were charing about £1000 each for a 4 day stay over the same period. All in all we paid about £470 each for the week.

The wedding was organised over the internet with a company called FINTRAVEL who were impecable. Raoule - my Wedding Planner was an absolute gem and i can't thank him enough for making the ideas in my head become a reality.

The photographer was good and english speaking and we had the CD of all our photos before we left Lapland 2 Days later.

The Wedding DVD was done by a company called Lapland Memories LTD and i was nervous at first about seeing the finished product as is any vain woman - but the DVD is 1st class and it arrived in time for us to show it at our wedding reception in the UK, 7 days later.

If you have read this far down my review i hope that i have helped you decide to have your wedding here - it is magical.

If you would like any other info on what we did - like our wedding night in the ice cabin at the Artic Circle or Santa Village then get in touch.

I have added some pictures but if you would like to see our DVD please feel free to message me and i will send you the link.

Enjoy X

• Liked — Could accomodate my whole wedding party under one roof !
  • Disliked — Nothing - whole experience was superb
  • Stayed December 2008
      Location
      Cleanliness
32 Thank Cezy1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow