All reviewsgreat locationbluetooth speakersmall and friendly hoteljust returned from a night stayboutique feeldifferent pillowsspacious bathroomrecommend hotellight sleepertwo nightsbeautiful parkdouble roombreakfast servicea lot of noisecity breakwalk in showercentral location
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very nice and very calm. Everything was perfect. We had a bigger room for 4 people. We didn't hear any noise in the room.
Breakfast is amazing and people from the hotel are very nice. The location of the hotel is also perfect. I totally recommend it!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at Hotel Flora during s recent trip to Gothenburg. The room was satisfactory but the overall experience was greatly enhanced by a superb breakfast. Location is also perfect bear the canal and across the street from Kungsgarten, a beautiful park that stretches from the central train station to the old city.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

1. We booked a small double room and the size of the room was what we expected.
2. The bed wasn't a great standard - overtime one person moved the other person also had to move which made sleeping pretty difficult.
3. The room was very hot and whilst the windows opened slightly, there was not other way of regulating the heat. As such we did not enjoy spending time in the room.
4. We asked for fresh towels and these did not arrive by the time we wanted to take a shower. We had to use damp towels. The towels were threadbare and I nearly put my thumb through the towel when drying.
5. Over a 3 day stay we were only supplied with one small shower gel bottle. This lack of attention to detail seemed common.
6. Overall we felt that this hotel stay represented little value for money. Having stayed at the (slightly) more expensive Hotel Rival in Stockholm, Hotel Flora was definitely not worth the money that we paid.
7. On checking out the receptionist asked if we had a good stay. I said that we enjoyed Gothenburg but not the hotel. She asked why and I explained the points above. She did apologise but qualified this by saying that service was affected because the hotel was busy with the Way Out West festival. She then charged me full price. Pardon me but if you know that the hotel occupancy is high then you get the right number of staff to satisfy the guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Never felt so offended by a company before.
I made a reservation for one night, but had to cancel it two days later. I made the cancellation by phone, and had it confirmed in the call. So far, so good. Yet, I had a mail later on letting me know that due to No Show, they had charged my credit card. A lot of mails/calls therafter, but to cut a long story short, Hotel Flora refused to pay me back full amount. Luckily, one does not see this behaviour from many companies, I hope that it will remain like that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017

The location is good, 10 minutes walk to the train station, 5 to downtown.
My room was well kept with clean, spacious bathroom, comfy bed and free Wi-Fi.
Near the river and park, excellent for a ballade.
Breakfast was perfect with a large selection of food.
Young staff was very pleasant, welcoming, and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business