We travelled as a family of four - where the youngest was barely two months old. We booked a Family Room, which was really a big joke judging by the size. There were two fold-down bunk beds, but no cot for our youngest like we ordered. However, the receptionist was very helpful and immediately sent one to our room. He also provided us with a fan to cool off since there was no air conditioning in the room. That got us through the night since it was really hot. Also, rooms in the hotel weren't exactly sound-proof, so we heard every little (big) slam or sneeze even if it was on the upper floor. In addition, there was this poster on the wall telling guests that this was a Family oriented hotel, and noisy kids was all part of the routine. Well. Although travelling with kids ourselves, we really felt intimidated by the extent to which some took this a little too literally. If you are looking for a nice, cosy roadside stay just outside Gothenburg, then stay clear of this place. A huge plus for good breakfast, though. It came with gluten free products, I didn't even have to ask for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven-story Hotel on the island of Hisingen, 5 km north of town center via Highway E6. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Backadal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Backadal Gothenburg
- Scandic Backadal Hotel Gothenburg