“Spa day”
Review of Sankt Jorgen Park

Sankt Jorgen Park
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Beautiful place, first time I managed to be in a spa for 6 hours (!!) without getting tired of it. Loved the products included in the spa routine, the sauna "show" and the waterbeds.. Pretty pricey but very good. Close to the city which makes it great for a one day get away.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marcus J, Chef at Sankt Jorgen Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words.
We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We were looking for a quiet place to spend a night in Göthenberg that would have a heated pool for the kids. The hotel was lovely and the service staff was fantastic. We had lunch at the bar and the burgers were delicious. The Spa was well appointed and the pool was lovely. The only drawback was the food in the main restaurant for dinner. We are "foodies" who enjoy experimenting with various cuisines and appreciate the artistry and creativity of a great chef. But in this case, we were let down on every course served. The presentation was beautiful but it seemed as though nobody was actually bothering to taste what was being served. Either the food lacked in flavor or the combinations of ingredients just didn't work. So I would suggest going to town for dinner as it is only 10 minutes away!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Marcus J, Chef at Sankt Jorgen Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Hi Michael and thanks for your kind words.
We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My fiancé and I stayed at the Sankt Jörgen Park Resort between 24/09/2017 and 29/09/2017. We couldn't have enjoyed it more if we tried.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - special mention to Rebecka on the front desk and Sasha at the bar - they really could not do enough for you.
Room was clean, spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable, I think it's the best I've ever slept in an unfamiliar bed. We had the most pocket-friendly room which was an atrium view, but the lobby is so lovely and atmospherically lit that it really was not an issue. The free car park was also a huge bonus due to us having a hire car for the entire length of our stay.
Breakfast foods on offer were very lovely, but there were very few hot options - not a problem for us at all, but just note that if staying here you won't be getting a huge cooked breakfast!
The spa was beautiful and had every facility/treatment option you could wish for. The pool especially was incredible. Don't miss out on the stunning forest and golf course views from the hot tubs on the roof if you stay here, either!
Overall, would stay here again, 1,000,000%. We didn't want to go home.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 October 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Sasha and Rebecka sends their love :)
We really look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards from Sankt Jörgen Park

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The first time I stayed here on business was some time ago and I was looking forward to coming back for this visit since I had some spare time to use the spa. It was nice but for the price I think a few details were missing

Room: very clean and modern with enough space. But, I didn't see any complimentary water which really annoys me in hotels after you usually arrive after a long day of travelling and meetings. The room also apparently had no temperature controls for the air con, at least none which appeared to make a difference. The default setting was a touch on the cold side. Other than that the bed was comfy and gave a good nights sleep

Spa: I remember being wowed by the spa and looked forward to going back. While it's a good experience in general, my I had to go back to the spa reception twice for a new wrist key as they didn't work to let me in all the areas. There are a number of saunas and a steam room, water and different teas are available as self service which is a nice touch. The pool is a nice relaxing temperature but what I found surprising is that the jacuzzi area appears to be on some kind of timed routine so you cannot 'turn on the bubbles' and relax for as long as you like.

Dinner: the food was fine and the service friendly but I personally thought for the price it could have been better tasting. The dessert especially was expensive for some strawberries and granola thrown together. A bit disappointing.

Overall: A nice place but the stay on this occasion just a bit disappointing where details are missing and the food not up to the price point standard. A generous 4 stars given

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
We will look into your details and try our best to reach for your 5 star upon your next visit.
We really hope to see you again soon.
Best regards!
Marcus Jodin

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Booked an spa package with overnight stay and I must admit that I was not expecting this. The room is standard golf view but extremely tidy and clean. Facilities in the room cover all the needs and size wise they are just right. Very large windows which make a difference in the whole experience as well. Doesn't feel like a room is what I mean. The spa has a lot to offer and definitely landed on my nr1 spot for Sweden so far. Different saunas, different pools, bar and bartender, amazing quiet (fire) room and a must try. A lovely experience if you're looking to relax as well as give away as a present.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ash.
We look forward to welcome you back to us