All reviews tourist information yogurt room was clean karlstad city scrambled eggs hotel is located library centre norway economy
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Great location. Parking by the library nearby. Economy style room, but has what you need. Barhroom could need upgrade, but we got a conmortable room. Avoid the scrambled eggs for breakfast - its made of powder. Go for the yoghurt. Ask for a room high up or towards the inner yard if you dont want to hear the roams from the Årjeng
cars during the weekend.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sarah K, Guest Relations Manager at Good Morning Karlstad City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hi,
We sincereley appreciate when our guests take the time to review us.
Thank you for sharing you input on our hotel, it helps us to become even better.
We would love the possiblity to welcome you back soon again.
Sarah Koerffer Seward, Guest Services

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Good location, only a block away from the big square which made the distance perfect and also not too noisy. Friendly staff who was serviceminded and available. The room was clean and simple which suited us who were mostly out in town most of the time. Would be a bit to simple if i wanted to spend most of our stay in the room.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Karlstad was on my route to Norway. I know it is a nice city and I chose Good Morning hotel to stay overnight. It was fine, friendly people and good value for money. I can recommend it to everybody visiting Karlstad.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2017

5 day working trip: this hotel was not picked by me but by an employer. It is situated over an undertaker's shop and right next to the entrance there is a display of coffins and urns in the shop window. Not a good start. The interior is grey, badly lit (except for the long corridors) and the staff are subdued and look depressed. Everyone speaks in muffled voices. (Not that I had much contact with anyone since exchanges like "Good Morning" are rare with the exception of one friendly man who, on one day, ran the breakfast room).
Rooms are very basic and, in my case, chilly. Lucky for me it was a double with two duvets. The whole hotel, including lobby and breakfast area, have a faint smell of old dirt and smoke. In my room the TV remote was broken and "fixed" with some grimy tape, the toilet had brown smears on it and there was mold in the shower. The mattress had large, circular stains...you get the picture.
It is cheap, which I am sure my employer appreciated. To me it was a thoroughly depressing experience and I will not consider staying there again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Good Morning K, General Manager at Good Morning Karlstad City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am sorry that we couldn´t live up to your expectations and hope that we will get another oppurtunity the next time you are in Karlstad.

Best regards,

Helena Andersson

Reviewed 16 June 2017

The hotel is located in the centre of the city, just 10 min. walk from the Railway station. In the quiet neighbourhood you will find restaurants, shops and tourist information. I'm very satisfied to choose this hotel, the staff vas very helpful, nice and friendly. They all speaks english very well, which is not surprise in Sweden. The room was very comfortable, especially the big bed. The bathroom was clean. The breakfast was excellent, wide choise of food (f.ex. scrambled eggs, few kinds of cheese, jams, sausages, yoghurt and milk- different kinds also without lactose) vegetables and good cofee was very important for the begin of my every busy day during stay at Karlstad. I may reccomand you this hotel, you will not regret. Inside there is an elevator, so there will be no problem for disable people to move into the building. The breakfast is served on the last, 3rd floor. Thank you Good Morning Karlstad City Hotel for make my stay so comfortable and nice! Next time, for sure I will choose it again :)

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Good Morning K, Hotelldirektör at Good Morning Karlstad City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear Malena,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about the hotel.

Best regards