“A very bad welcome in Sweden!”
Review of Blommenhof Hotell

Blommenhof Hotell
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nykoping
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We (4 persons family) landed with Ryanair late night so we have decided to stay one night around Skavsta. I had booked this hotel several weeks before through booking.com.

At our arrival (almost midnight) we had the first "surprise". They were not able to find my reservation. I have to underline that I called them some days before to check whether everything was fine.
Eventually (even if they did not find the reservation), the receptionist gave us our room key.
Extra-tired children and quite disappointed parents.
We opened the door and...second "surprise"! 3 beds instead of 4...ok that was not really our lucky day!!!
Once again I talk to the receptionist and...what does she do???? She put a closed cot in the room and goes out without even saying a word....
I do not want to go on but how do you think we felt like?

I have to say that the following day we had a totally different service.
Furthermore I have to admit this is really a nice place to stay but...the welcome we got to this wonderful country was very bad!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2016

It was a pleasant stay in this hotel for 2 nights. Reason to come here was wedding close by.

The hotel is not central located, you need a 15 min walk into town.

Rooms features wifi, a big bathroom, all very clean. The beds were everything else than hard. As I have some back issues, this was not very well for me. But heard it's normal in Sweden.

The hotel features a small pool ( great for kids) and sauna and living room with billard and kicker. also there is a beautiful garden outside (with the the noise of the motorway ;-)

But there is as well some woods for going for a run, directly in front door of hotel.

Breakfast was good, a lot of choices good quality.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Free parking, free wifi, breakfast included. It's located in a forest area, but very close to a 4 lane highway - thought not visible from the highway. Best accessible by car as not so very central.

Breakfast was good enough, but I prefer the Thon hotel breakfasts which have a bit better selection.

It was described by a booking page a luxury, which I would not think of - more like mid range from my point of view.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2016

When we checked in the very nice person in the reception told us they had a problem with the booking system, and all kids were lost in their bookings. I checked my booking confirmation, and there the kids and the extra beds were visible. They were fully booked, and our room was too small for 4 people... what to do? The receptionist showed me the room, and I thought it was large enough, especially since our 4 year old could sleep in a small baby bed.

Very nice room, beautiful hotel, GREAT breakfast, nice facilities (pool area, air hockey, football game, pool table..) and especially the garden. Even after checking out we were allowed to stay there and relax. They have nice garden sofas and the kids loved to play in the small play hut, sandboxes and swings. The only remark was noise from the nearby highway, but during the night we didn't hear it, only sitting in the garden.

And was the room large enogh? Yes, it was, and we got 300 SEK dinner coupons because of their mistake. It's okay to make mistakes as long as you make them up!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Like usual on our trips we have just decided 15 Minutes before arrival at the place that we will stay there…..Hotel is situated in a small forest very close to the highway which you clearly can hear while sitting in the garden. In our room(#75) we didn't hear anything although all windows were open during night time. Room is nicely decorated, bathroom big enough and blind at the windows to make it really dark inside the room. Reception was very friendly at all time, dogs are welcome without extra payment. Sauna in the basement we didn't have a look at:-( restaurant atmosphere at breakfast wasn't that nice as tables are empty or leftovers from guests before were still there. Choice could be bigger and offered food could be presented more nice. But generally breakfast was included in price and therefore ok. Price wise surprising for a swedish Hotel around 100€ with such location…..we would stay again on one of our next tours

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nykoping
2.2 km away
7.8 km away
Stjarnholms Slott
Stjarnholms Slott
#1 of 1 in Oxelosund

Been to Blommenhof Hotell? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about Blommenhof Hotell

Address: Blommenhovsvagen 41 | Nykoping, Nykoping 611 39, Sweden (Formerly Best Western Blommenhof Hotell)
Region: Sweden > Sodermanland County > Nykoping
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Nykoping
Price Range: ₹ 7,450 - ₹ 10,497 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Blommenhof Hotell 4*
In the historic city of Nyköping, you will find Blommenhof Hotell, a place where comfort and relaxation are the most important ingredients. Fine dining, a pool and sauna, beautiful natural surroundings with a jogging trial and modern conference facilities come together in a delightful combination. We do our utmost to fulfill your every wish. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blommenhof Hotell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Nykoping