“Perfect location - great rooms.”

Scandic Frimurarehotellet
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Linkoping
Sweden
“Perfect location - great rooms.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've stayed in this hotel several times. It's always my first choice when travelling to Linköping. Always sqeeky clean rooms, most of them quite big. The family rooms are large and it's no problem to have two extra beds there.

Breakfast really good, and the staff are always nice and helpful.

The hotel is centrally situated, right between the train station and the centre of town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Finnish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I may be wrong, but it seems it is easy to obtain 4 stars in Sweden. The other Scandic hotel in Linköping was fully and recommended this kind of hotel?. I had a looked to the photos on its web. Ok, it looked recently refurbished, 100 m distance from central station, fine! The rate (1620 kronws) was expensive from my point of view, but company payd, so I booked it for one night. I was surprised when the girl in the recepction asked me to pay. I paid but this was strange, hotels usually ask you for a credit card, not to charge you but as a guarantee. Bad feeling
I was given room 105, when I opened the door I could see the surprise: no natural ventilation, the windows looked to the hotel reception. Room was fine, refurbished, new furniture, LCD TV but windows looked to the reception. This is one of the seediest thing I've ever seen in a hotel. Of course, I went down to the reception I asked for a different room. They gave me room 909 in the "old part of the hotel". The lift looked the one in film the shining, very old. When I got my room, there was a kind of adhesive strip below the lock of the door ( I could not find out why this strip was there, but most of doors had it), electronic lock did not work very well, after few attemps I managed to get into an another surprise: what year is it? 1970, 60, 50, not antique but old with wear tiny room with a terrible noise probably made by the heating machines. I used ear caps and I ahrdly could sleep. Of course, before I tried to change the room again but they told me hotel was fullly booked.
One tip, do not host in this hotel or if you do not believe me and trust in hotel photos and you book be careful with the rooms do not accept rooms in 1st floor 101 to 105 (you will be able to have a look at your when you are at reception, those 5-6 windows are not meeting rooms, are gests rooms!
Another one, do not accept rooms from 5th to 9 th floor. THese are the really old rooms. By no circunstance accept room in the 9 th floor unless you loved buzz and you do not want to sleep.
Breakfast was swedish type but in py opinion bad quality and no variety but this was not the worse thing.
I´ve wrote another reviews and I´ve always been objective, so this is no a revenge review but my truly point of view.

Room Tip: not accept old building rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Linkoping hotels

Reviewed 29 August 2011

The hotel has basic but well-appointed rooms. The location is good; close to the main station, city center, and congress hall. Breakfast (buffet) is of good quality and reasonably varid. Restaurant service is good.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank eworrell
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 13 May 2011

At least the rooms in 4th floor are incredible small and the free internet doesn't work there. ( It works in the 3rd floor.) The hotel is nice for conference and business trips, but I wouldn't recommend it for leisure trips, because you would expect better rooms for the price.

Room Tip: Don't take any room from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Machipongo, Virginia
Reviewed 7 September 2010

We stayed at the Scandic Frimurarehotellet for one night with our young sons, ages 7 and 6. We had finised a visit in Linkoping and were going to catch the train to Denmark the next day and it was perfect for that. The hotel is one block from the train station. The hotel is modern and clean. We had a family room on the third floor with a double bed and a double bed that popped out of the couch. The ceilings were 9 feet high and the windows opened to let in a nice breeze without too much traffic noise. We ate at the bar/restaurant De Klomp (the wooden shoe) across the street and were very happy with the place. A great selection of beers, but also a good kids menu and crayons to preoccupy the children. The breakfast at the hotel was great with both hot and cold items. Overall a good place to stay if you are in need orr a place by the train station.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family